Reload this Page >

DC lodging for 2 months?

Search

DC lodging for 2 months?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 03:32 PM
Pearl

DC lodging for 2 months?

Anyone have a source, website, suggestion for an overseas friend in the process of relocating to the DC area who wants a reasonably priced pied a terre for 1-2 months while looking? Guest-Quarters-type is too "hotel-ish" and probably too pricey for that long. How does one hook up with short-term furnished places?

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 09:43 AM
Diane

Pearl, I just responded to someone with an extended DC stay request -- I remembered reading your post and thought it may be a repeat. I pulled out the yellow pages to see what showed up, so you might see that reply! By the way, I also checked the Saturday Washington Post Classifieds and didn't see anything promising.

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 01:57 PM
steve

Pearl,
Perhaps the classified in the back of an issue of "The Washingtonian" magazine might be of some help to you.
I seem to remember some listings of that nature in a previous issue.
Good luck

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 02:28 PM
Pearl

Diane -- thanks very much -- will check.

To explain: it was a sort of duplicate post, because Eve though I posted this one originally on the 21st, for some mysterious reason it never showed up (I rechecked and searched just to make sure), so I reworded and assumed another name, just in case Fodor had found something inexplicably offensive about the first post. Strange are the ways of the forum on weekends. But I hate wasting people's time, and you are kind and patient to respond to both.

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 12:52 PM
lisa

If you don't find anything, you or the person who is looking to relocate to DC should think about taking out a classified ad explaining the situation and see if there are any takers. I had a friend who did this and ended up getting a free, furnished place to stay for a summer, in exchange for house-sitting for a professor and his wife who were going to be out of the country for three months and didn't want to leave their lovely home vacant. Can't guarantee that result in your case, but maybe a rental company or someone with an extra room for rent short-term will respond. Also, it may depend on when he/she needs a place -- it tends to be easier to find short-term rentals in the summertime when students leave town and need subletters.