Reload this Page >

It's high time we had a Fodor's passengers' bill of rights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Traveler

I think we need a passenger bill of rights. You know, elimination of pointless things airlines seem to do for no good reason.

Henceforth, I would suggest that airlines be forbidden to keep the cabin temperature aloft so cold that you have to use one of their putrid blankets.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 02:19 PM
kam

Just bought my own fleece blanket from Magellan after the posts here. I can make sure it's clean and when I'm not traveling, I'll keep it in the trunk of my car for emergencies. It's very nice, dark green and folds up into its own little pillow package. Now, thinking bad thoughts about those pillows!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 05:49 PM

Top!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Knuckleheads!

Yep, just what we need a whole bunch of more laws. Let's legislate everything. That way we won't have to think at all. Freedom is so overated.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 05:54 AM
SenDiFi

You just wait until I won't let you drink on a flight! heh heh heh, my pretty...and your little dog, too!

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:12 AM
Cindy

My sister tells me that on her Delta flight a few days ago, the pilots actually turned off the air conditioning on approach so that the plane was boiling hot when it landed. Maybe they do this so that you won't feel it should the plane burst into flames?

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:24 AM
Jonesy

Everything the airlines do is for some "good reason" -- i.e. $$ - but trust the libertarian loons to be lurking for any opportunity to howl about rules -- overgrown kindergarteners "you're not the boss of ME!")

I think air quality is more important than temperature -- frankly, I count on that "draft" from the AC to keep my head clear in the otherwise stuffy cabin. The mold, bacteria, viruses, etc. that are grown and sprayed through the cabin are why we all get "airline croup."

But my top priority would be adequate size of seats, space between rows and also down the aisles.

Wish list -- first-book first-choice seating, but that'll never happen.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 08:39 AM
L

Well, don't look now, but the time is approaching when Federal rules control how much alcohol you're served on an airliner ... and it's way overdue from what I've experienced. See the article in today's Washington Post. Senator Feinstein plans to introduce a bill to limit that number to two ... but as the article points out, what's to be done about all the freebies served on board, plus in clubs and bars before boarding. Evidently FAA and others are finally worried about the reported association of alcohol with air rage. I've seen enough of abusive drunks on planes to last me a lifetime. Aren't you as worried as I am that some fool high on booze (plus meds) will open the wrong door at 30,000 one of these days? Maybe it's time to bring back the air marshalls and equip them with non-invasive breathalyzers. Anybody see a threat to the rights of the abusers? Ciao

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 12:29 PM
TeddyRoosevelt

While we are at it L let's just bring back Prohibition! I am sick and tired of all the booze everyone consumes in this country! And, after we get rid of the booze..get rid of guns. Get rid of cell phones and pagers cause they annoy the hell out of me. And how about adding more cameras to intersections so we can catch the bad guys running red lights and stop signs. And after we get rid of that, let's get rid of stupid people, fat people, people on disability, etc. Why don't we just impose Marshall Law and take away all our rights. It's for our own protection!

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Wilbur

Aren't you as worried as I am that some fool high on booze (plus meds) will open the wrong door at 30,000 one of these days?

do you mean there is a "right door" to open at 30,000 feet? Don't be a moron, haven't you heard of a pressurized cabin?

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 01:28 PM
L

Oh, Wilbur, so you're the one who pees in the aisle! Next time you're on a plane, Guy, take the tour. Ciao