Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

It's Friday Night, Is it time for Poison?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but it's definitely a TGIF week here in my house.

Rough week with sick cat, 3 days at the vet at $675 later. Let's hope that didn't come out of our vacation budget!

Four weeks until we head down to the Keys for much needed R&R with friends. I guess I should get around to booking those plane tickets already!

Indulging in Vanilla Skyy Vodka & Ginger ale...

What about you?
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Cocktails were a big glass of Lillet Rouge and soda out in the hammock.
Now a big glass of Coca Cola on ice.
I am trying to stay awake!
Up early for houselookers, the weekend promises to be non-stop!
I hope this is over quickly
Don't know how many weeks, but I am figuring June- we will be in Portland Or for about 10 days.
Statia, wherever you are, hoping all is well!
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:24 PM

The DH is working late tonight so I'm just nibbling on Chex mix and drinking water. Gosh, I have to get a life, lol!

I hope they have booze at this bridal shower tomorrow

Statia, hope all is well with you.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:25 PM
bonniebroad

DH and I stopped for early dinner at Chili's, then hit a bottle of Rhine when we got home. A friend is coming over to make linguine with white clam sauce for us tomorrow night, and we have two new bottles of Vouvray to go with that! Ya'll come!

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:30 PM

Brought out a bottle of '94 Haut Brion from the cellar.

Thought twice about it, since my wife's out on a business trip and won't be back till after late tonight and I wanted to have this with her, I decided not to splurge on a First Growth, put the bottle back in it's slot and went with the Chateau's second wine - a '96 Le Bahans du Haut Brion.

Not bad. Especially with with a foie gras slice with crumbled black truffles and truffle oil that I spotted saran-wrapped (leftover from a few nights back with guests) at the back of the refrigerator.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:32 PM

Tanqueray tonight. Long week. Think I'll make it a double.

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM

I could really use some poison tonight, but that will have to wait til tomorrow. Girlfriends from Seattle arrive early tomorrow and we have a girls weekend in Portland planned. VERY much looking forward to that! My dh is a bit worried for downtown tomorrow...not afraid for us, but of us, lol!

Which, dh flew home late last night after 2 weeks of business travel. So a relaxing night is needed after the last 2 weeks and all the medical stuff with ds. Which...no real update on that just yet. A pediatric oncologist got the report today so hopefully we will hear something early next week.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 04:17 PM

wow- that's one expensive cat- no wonder you're having a drink.

my poison later on will be a Russian Quaalade - which is equal parts vodka,frangelica and baileys - shaken on ice - yum!!!
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM

Hey, sounds fun. Long week at work, sick DH and sick 2 year old...in need of something, but what kind of poison can you recommend for a prego???
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 05:59 PM

Happy weekend everyone. I am having Columbia Crest Chardonnay. A long frustrating week for me too, but all seems to be well now thank goodness.

Mms, the FRR got pulled so will use this forum to tell you I have been thinking of you and wish you and your family the very best of news regarding your DS.

And Scarlett dear, get to bed early. You don't want prospective buyers wandering in your bedroom tomorrow morning while you are sound asleep!

tpatricco, good heavens, poor kitty and your poor checkbook. Hope he/she is well now.

Best wishes to everyone. CinCin.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 06:10 PM

Lemonade topped with Amaretto.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 06:15 PM

A glass of Chateau St> Jean 2001 Chardonay. Maybe a bottle!
What happened to FFRR? I have been traveling so much with work I feel like I am missing what's going on here?
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 06:20 PM

My poison tonight? Raw cake batter. I'm making the cupcakes for my daughter's Strawberry Shortcake party tomorrow.

Best wishes to all my fodorite friends.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 06:23 PM

It's simply beer for me tonight. Old Style as a reminiscence of my Chicago days. It was a long 1.5 weeks.

Due to weather I slept at Denver International Airport a week ago Wednesday night on my way to California. Yeah, that was me behind gate B39. Carry-on was a pillow; an Eddie Bauer jacket was my blanket. I don't think my fellow travelers the next morning realized just how lucky they were I travel with a toothbrush & paste in my carry-on.

Had a fabulous 2 nights in San Jose staying with friends. Picked oranges off their tree to make screwdrivers for breakfast.

Then another fabulous 2 nights in the city drinking, dining and walking: Bix, Redwood Room, Half Moon Bay, farmers' market, Muir Woods, sea lions, Jardiniere, cable cars, Top of the Mark, Tonga Room. I left very few stones unturned.

It took me all this week to recover.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 06:31 PM

That was an Indy 500 trip report if I've ever seen one... had to stop and read it 2x Indy!... How fun. Those "no stone unturned" trips are the BEST!

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 07:30 PM

I wasn't going to have any poison tonight, but today was kind of a crappy day! Fortunately, my neighbor is a bartender! It's currently 5:30 p.m. in Honolulu as I write this. At about 6 when I leave the office, I'm going to call my neighbor and request that he have something chilling & waiting for me when I get home. That's what I call a full service condo!
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

I was off drinking Coronas & beating one of my husband's friends at 9 ball...

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Gordon Babykins is doing better. Veterinary care can be expensive, but what can you do when they're sick & it's life or death? Shoulda got insurance I guess!

Hmm Syd, I got some interesting sparkling grapefruit soda from Trader Joe's, how about that with a splash of cranberry & a slice of lime & a couple raspberries in a Martini glass to be more festive? I've got a pregnant friend coming over for dinner tomorrow night. Need a fun drink for her too.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM

On the recommendation of a co-worker I picked up some Leinie's Berry Weiss. It's not exactly my cup of tea, uh beer.