Search

italy weather

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:23 AM
jabez

italy weather

Planning a 2003 trip to Italy. We will start in Milan and go around the Lombardi and Tuscan area. Does anyone know when is the best time of year to travel there?
As of now,we are thinking either May (early June?) or late Sept.
Thanks

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:01 AM
meat

May and Sep. are just about ideal times, in my experience. The weather is pleasant but not too hot, and you'll be avoiding most of the summertime tourists. If I had my choice, I guess I'd go for late Sep., but you'll be OK in May.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:50 AM
NotUS

This might be a good time to put this post on the EUROPE forum.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:38 AM
nice

NotUS, this might be a good time for you to go to hell. (Damn, I hate the self-appointed post-police.)

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:51 AM
Les

nice,
A litty touchy, aren't you? Seems to me that NotUS' suggestion was both reasonable and pleasantly stated. You were probably just waiting in the wings for an opportunity to use your canned "self-appointed post-police" line. Well, this certainly wasn't the post to use it on, but you got your 15 seconds of fame. Now go away!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:53 AM
a--z

Jabez,
Either early June or late September are good times to visit Italy --- in my opinion, ANYTIME is a great time to go there .... if I had to choose, I'd opt for late September timeframe. I've been there a couple times in October and it's delightful.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:32 PM
abc

That was pretty cool how Les gave a lecture on how not to behave like a jerk, and then went ahead and behaved like one.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 03:25 AM
jabez

Sorry.
I'll post on Europe thread.