Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Is there a Pink Jeep Tour you can take if 6 months pregnant and with a 3 year old?

Search

Is there a Pink Jeep Tour you can take if 6 months pregnant and with a 3 year old?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Samantha

We will be in Arizona this spring on vacation with our 3 yr old, and I will be 6 months pregnant, is there a tame jeep tour we could take? If not, could someone recommend the best driving tour we could do on our own for the best scenery?

Thank you!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:24 AM
J

not if you want to stay pregnant

but wouldn't it be better to call Pink Jeep themselves and ask if they have a tour that you could take?

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Debi

There are many jeep companies in Sedona (I assume that's where you're going) and each of them has a bunch of options for tours. We took a Photography tour and it wasn't rough at all. The previous poster that recommended calling them is absolutely correct - just call them and see what options they can provide you.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:13 AM
gc

Well....why not start here:

http://www.pinkjeep.com/

Describe your need and request that your driver not be from the Andretti family. You should be OK.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Dick

Request the front seat for a ride that isn't as bumpy

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:44 AM
wendy

Don't forget the hemmoroid medicine.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Sam

Samantha, you are kidding, right?

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Samantha

No, I wasn't kidding, just hoping I would still be able to go on a jeep tour. Of course, I will call first, just wondered if anyone had personal experience in this condition or with toddlers. Thanks!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:25 PM
jillian

Why would you want to take the chance? Do you really think that a guy driving jeeps for a living is who you should be taking medical advice from when it comes to your unborn child? You're too far in Sedona from good medical birthing facilities if something were to go wrong. Between a flight that late in the pregnancy and a jeep tour, I think you're pushing your luck.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Samantha

Again, I'm not really looking for anyone's commentary, and by the way, I'm not flying. I was looking for someone's personal experience with the situation. As it seems nobody has done this, then it doesn't appear that I will either. I was just hoping someone out there would say that they had been on a jeep tour while pregnant and loved it. Thanks for your concern, I'm not stupid or careless, just hoping we would be able to experience Sedona this way.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Donna F

Check with your obstetrician too. The responses here seem a little too cautious. When I was 6 mos pregnant (a very long time ago) I had permission to go snowmobiling. My OB said the baby would be fine just to make sure I didn't end up with a broken leg. (I had been snowmobiling for years so I knew what I was doing.) Check with the jeep company as well. You probably aren't the first pregnant lady to want to take a scenic tour. And maybe someone will notice your other request for a driving tour.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:14 AM
gail

I have in front of me a brochure for Pink Jeep Tours (received last week in packet of info on the area). It says "not recommended for pregnant women" on the back page.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:20 AM
ilisa

I am not familiar with the vehicles. Can you even safely install the 3 year old's car seat in it?

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Debi

wow. Samantha, tough crowd!! I did have one other thought... The first time I went to Sedona, I did a jeep tour that ended up being completely private. The driver didn't follow any particular route - she just asked me the kinds of things I wanted to see. In that tour, we actually never went over anything bumpy. When you call them, you should ask them if you could hire them for a private tour (which you can), and explaining the situation - ask them if they can accommodate you. There are many beautiful places in Sedona that are right off the roads and not hard to get to. The reason I think the jeeps are good is that they know where the pretty places are - and its easier to see everything from a jeep versus a regular car.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 06:13 AM
xxx

I understand your wanting to take a jeep tour as they are a great and fun way to see the sights. However, I am amazed that you simply didn't check the Pink Jeep web site first to see if they are advisable for pregnant women. Right on their web site it says not advisable. The rides can be jarring and rough and as such are a not practical for pregnant women.

Contact the Sedona Visitors Bureau and the web and you will see that there are several routes that you can drive in a private car that will show you the sights. Be advised that some of these routes are not the smoothest driving either. You'll need to make your own decisions if they are appropriate for you. If you prefer to wait until you get to Sedona you can just pick up the information then.