Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to find a good hotel/BB on any of the Hawaiin Islands for around $85 a night/room?

Search

Is it possible to find a good hotel/BB on any of the Hawaiin Islands for around $85 a night/room?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 11:33 AM
dina

I am planning on going to Hawaii next year along with Las Vegas. I was wandering if anyone could recommend any good hotels for around $85 a room or under. I want to stay on 4 of the main islands and the hotels pref. on the beach. Any recommendations ? I have heard that the Aston chain of hotels aren't that good (?).

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 11:37 AM
WaikikiKevin

No.

Email me and I will give you info on HAwaii. Don't try to do it yourself.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 05:31 AM
Ally

My husband and I stayed in a little condo with kitchen, murphy bed (really quite comfy) and EXCELLENT ocean view on Maui. Check out web site:www.musicgrinder.com/pip/

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:55 AM
Steve

Beware of Waikiki Kevin he is a travel agent that preys on unsuspecting people here.

What Island are you going to Dina?

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:57 AM
Gina

The Royal Grove Hotel and the Hawiiana Hotel in Waikiki are clean and inexpensive small hotels. They both have websites. Also, there is a b&b near the University of Hawaii, but I can't think of the name offhand. Maybe someone else can help.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 12:05 PM
Dina

Thank eer. . . everyone !
Steve:- thanks 4 the advise ! I plan to stay 4 nights on Oahu (waikiki), 3 nights Maui, 3 nights big island and 3 nights kauai. Would stay for more - but also staying in Vegas too for 3 nights.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Rene

On Maui, check out www.alohacondos.com, Napili Bay. Several to choose from 75-110. Very nice, right on the beach.