COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Is it Friday yet?

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Is it Friday yet?

I'll be off work for 4 days, so it feels like Jorr hasn't posted the FFR&R thread and I worry

HUGE RAVE: finally got my RT flight on Continental, the schedule is fine, price is OK, tour reseved, vacation time tentatively approved, hotel reservation will be done shortly, everything's coming together.

Rave: it's so quiet at work today, only 1/2 employees in, so little to do!

Mini-rave: 2 San Francisco visitors stopped me on the way to work this morning asking to help with buses, and I was able to help!
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:03 AM

(Phone Rings)..."Good Morning..Faina's Five Star Travel..Faina speaking.May I be of service??"....
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:06 AM

Hi FainaAgain, Hope you have a good trip. We are going to Wilmington Delaware and will report about its Italian section upon return.
When you asked about Friday, you made me think of a wonderful story:
When I taught 3rd graders, one asked "Is it the next day yet?" Cute, eh? Pretend I left a turkey smiley for all!
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:20 AM

Faina dear, it's Friday, if you wish it to be. And I'm wishing you joyous trip.
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:21 AM

A blessed Thanksgiving to all. No TRAVELING for us this weekend. Just the four of us and two whole days of cooking. Yippee!
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:42 AM

Faina, have a wonderful "Friday", lol Congratulations on those tickets. We have got to get on the ball and book our tickets to Portugal!

RAVE: I have an interview on Monday!!!

I have so much to be thankful for. My husband, my two wonderful sons (who always bring a smile to my face when I feel like cr**), my family and friends.

I wish all of you, whether your family is near or far (Caph, thinking of you especially) a very blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:05 PM

You lucky gal, you, Faina! I only WISH I were going to be off work for four days....or even one. Unfortunately, turkey day is not an official holiday here in the Antilles so I will be at work, as usual.

I can partake in your rave, however, with having bought tickets for my mom, sister and I to have a "girl time-family trip" to Rome in March (they are also flying Continental....me, Air France to meet them there. Everything was just finalized today for us, as well. Isn't it great when you have those tickets booked and everything is a go?

I wish you and everyone else a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:40 PM

Faina, maybe you should start a Happy Hump Day rants and raves pre Thanksgiving post!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! and Safe travels!!
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 06:05 AM

Faina - I hope your Friday off includes Yountville.