Is Copia in Napa worth visiting?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Jim

Is Copia in Napa worth visiting?

We are heading out to Sonoma and Napa for a week. Has anyone visited Copia? It doesn't really fit into our plan but I've heard that we should check it out...any opinions?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:47 AM
gail

I thought it was interestig, but not a have to do item. I think I would call ahead to find out what ehibit is there first. They were in between when we were there. I really would hav liked to see the Cappachino ehibit.If eating at JUlia (Child's) kitchen is something that would interest you, perhaps that would entice you as well.The local reviews were not that great, so it depends on your interests

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Suzie

The Sacramento Bee just wrote an article on this in last Wednesday's food section. Since the Sac area is in close proximity to Napa and Sonoma a day trip by it's residents is quite likely. Here's the link:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/lifestyle/taste/story/3352217p-4379043c.html

Here's a review of Julia's as well from that same edition:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/lifest...-4379045c.html

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:31 AM
deb

Jim,

We were there recently and thought it was ok, but not something I would go out of my way to do again. I would definitely plan it around a class that you are interested in. There were no classes at the time we were there and we only spent about 1-2 hours. it's not a very large place , but the interactive stuff is fun. We did not eat at the restaurant since it has gotten such mixed reviews. Look at their website for class times, etc. It's $12.50 to get in (I thought that was kind of steep).

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Jim

Thanks to everyone for the info. I think we will skip it this trip. Thanks again for making the decision much easier.

Jim

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Trish

Good decision, Jim. We were there in December and a couple of hours was plenty. My sister and I thought it was o.k. - our husbands could not wait to leave. There are so many other great places to visit in that area.