Inviting opinions about JetBlue

Old Sep 24th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inviting opinions about JetBlue

It is a small airline, and I never used them before. I am curious how reliable are they to fly coast-to-coast as a cruise connection, so that a long delay or a cancellation would be disastrous ? Are they more likely to have a cancellation or more than a 12 hrs delay that other airlines ?
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
what makes you say the are a "small airline"?? They aren't at all.

They are a very well known, well run airline w/ some of the best service in the industry.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM

Aside from some bad publicity some months ago, they are one of the best run and most reliable airlines around. It sounds though that you are cutting it close if you have to worry about a 12 hour delay and disastrous consequenses. One can't forcast weather or other reasons for extended delay. Remember that the bad weather doesn't have be at your origin or destination to mess you up. Do yourself a favor and give yourself an extra day to get there. The peace of mind will be worth the price of one night in a hotel.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Husband and dtr just flew them Boston-Washington, DC. A week after flight they each received an e-certificate for $15 to compensate them for seat-back video system not working the entire flight on one leg of trip or the other - they never even noticed a problem, so not sure which leg.

Have flown them a half dozen times in addition to this - nice airline, nice equipment, no problems.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 05:29 PM

I agree. They're one of the best airlines with extra legroom and personal tvs on their flights. This isn't Spirit Air we're talking about here. I wouldn't hesitate to book this at all.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
They've taken some flak lately. However, in my opinion they're one of the best.

I've flown JetBlue a few times between Ft Lauderdale and New York. They're planes are comfortable (very good leg room), each seat has their own tv, the crew give the impression they're having a good time and I've always arrived on time.

Also, the counter checkin did an incredible job getting many people checked in.

I'll fly JetBlue any chance i get.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 05:59 PM

I live in NYC and fly JetBlue at least once a month, to FL, the west coast & LAS.

JetBlue is great!
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM

I agree. I've flown Jet Blue a few times and always have been happy. We were delayed once, but that can happen to any airline. And their prices are usually good.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I've flown Jet Blue many times between Las Vegas and Long Beach and between both Las Vegas and Long Beach and the east coast. In those many trips I was delayed only once and that was because the Vice-President's flight caused massive delays in Florida and the aircraft I was supposed to be on did not make it to Burlington anywhere close to on-time.

Even though JetBlue did nothing to cause the delay, they bent over backwards to accomodate my needs and covered the expense of the extra night in Burlington, including lodging, transportatiom, and food.

I never hesitate to recommend them but I agree with a previous poster that if missing a connection would have disasterous consequences, you should build in enough time in your schedule to alleviate that no matter who the carrier is.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 04:31 AM
bm

I'm a big Jet Blue fan as well. We were set to leave BTV for Arizona and a big snowstorm hit. JetBlue couldnt get us out on a flight for at least 3 days. They offered a refund or credit which they didnt have to do. We took the refund and drove to a different airport which was not affected by the storm so we could continue on our trip as planned.
Jet Blue is now my #1 choice when I fly.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 07:03 AM

Also big fan of Jet Blue! Daughter is at school in Boston and had a one way ticket in late August. Plane was cancelled, they re-booked her on a flight that left 2 hours later and still gave her a full credit for the ticket to use on another trip.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 07:39 AM

Jet Blue is one of the best airlines out there, unlike some of the dinosaur airlines that really should become extinct! With that being said, the advice stands that one should fly in for a cruise the day before. Stay at a cheap hotel, get a good night's sleep, and arrive easily, on time, and unstressed from the cattle call of airline travel. Have a great trip!
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 07:45 AM

If looking for low priced tickets, JetBlue might not fit the bill. In the last year, I have consistently found lower prices with SouthWest/ATA or AirTrans to go RT from SFO to NYC. I also prefer landing in La Guardia.