Interpretation please

Jan 14th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Interpretation please

Oops. Posted in wrong section.

I am trying to book a room for just 2 nights in/around Orlando for 2/7- 2/9 & keep getting this message: "Sorry, we couldn't find any availability for this room type for one or more of the days you selected. This hotel has stay restrictions requiring check-in on certain days of the week. Please select another room type or other dates." I have tried putting in random dates to see if that changes anything (Sun-Sat that week, Thurs - Sun, etc. & even dates several months from now but not Summer months). What am I doing wrong? I understand that hotels may be booked up but this is not your standard "no room at the inn" message. Anybody know what this means? I got this message from a several different properties but I think they are all Disney? I am just guessing that is their odd way of saying "we're full" but it says "select another room type or other dates" although I did not even select a room type.

Jan 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
J62

My interpretation is that you should simply call up the hotel and ask.
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:57 PM

diart,

It could be due to the 'rate type' that you selected. For example if you were given the option to select a certain rate such as AAA or internet rate. Or it could just be a computer bug where the message is not really indicative of the actual problem.

I agree with J62 that it might be easiest to just call the hotel.
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM

If it happens at the same website for multiple hotels then I'm not sure what good it would do to call the hotel. Don't try "random" dates.

Try booking one room for one night for a Sunday. Then book one day for one night for Monday. You can repeat that for each day of the week. When you find a day that offers 1 night, try that day of the week for two nights.

If that doesn't find anything then your problem can't be a "check-in day of the week". It might be length of stay or it may be sold out.
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

I did last week. They just tried to get me to move my dates up 3 weeks. Would not answer me about check-in on specific dates. Don't know why. That is why I am asking you guys. It took so long to get connected to a live person. I may try again & talk to someone different just thought I could find someone here with in the know as to the wording.

I did not specify any rate, only my chosen dates & number of people (2 adults/one child)
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Mrwunrfl, that sounds like a good idea. I appreciate the info.
Jan 14th, 2008, 05:49 PM

All of the suggestions offered look reasonable. One more thing you could try is to delete the cookies from this hotel's web site or booking site, and then try again from the beginning.

However, the best tip may be just to call the hotel directly, on their local (not toll free) number.
Jan 16th, 2008, 11:36 AM

In suggesting not calling the hotel I was thinking that the rates you see on the website are web-only rates and/or exclusive to that site.

But the hotel or the hotel's website still might have better rates.
Jan 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Attempting to book Disney hotels on other websites can often be rather strange. Apparently they can list things that Disney will not actually let them book. Your best bet is probably to check Disney's own website for availability and then let your travel agent do it. I also find calling Disney to be somewhat exciting, as you never get the same answers from any two people. The only thing that they seem to do consistently is wish you a magical day. Which is nice, but...
Jan 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Prior to posting here I exhausted all of my usual booking procedures. I checked the Disney vacation/hotels website, orbitz, expedia, hotels, travelocity, etc., etc. Called the local hotel # (that is where I got the non-information to begin with), checked all sorts of dates (less busy times, far-off dates) to see if I could get any message different than what I was receiving or if it would EVER show availability. Never did. I emailed and the response I got was that I could not book a room via email although that is not what I was trying to do. I simply asked if the 4 hotels I was interested in were really full or if the system was having issues. (grrr!) In the 2 weeks that I have been trying to find availability I now get a message saying that they are having difficulties with their system & to try again later. I gave up but just wanted to show the amount of effort I gave this before ever bothering you guys about it.