Internet cafes in SW Utah?

Oct 12th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Internet cafes in SW Utah?

We'll be touring Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon soon. Will we come across any internet facilities on the way?
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:04 AM

i use the internet to email my daughters that travel-mom is o.k. there are many libraries in that area with free internet. one i used was in pretty, tiny bicknell, utah, just west of torrey and capitol reef.

you might have to wait in line to sign up for your 30 minutes, but i found chatting with the librarians about the area and looking over the books was fun. i found a great knitting pattern in the flagstaff library.

i enjoyed the libraries - some quite new, nice collections. just ask your motel or the park people for the nearest internet site.

grand junction colorado has internet in their welcome center.
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:11 AM

p.s. there is a small library in springerville with internet. i got to hold a little baby there who's mom was ahead of me. some of these libraries take reservations if you call ahead.
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:24 PM

On the border of Zion Canyon in Springdale, Utah is a little cafe that has two computers. It was only a few bucks per half hour, if memory serves. VERY convenient to the Desert Pearl Inn, which you should check out. It was one of the highlights of our three week out-west adventure last summer (see full Trip Report from July for more info)
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Much obliged for the replies. I'd forgotten about libraries!
What's the title of your trip report Ellen, I haven't found it yet.
Oct 13th, 2003, 11:17 AM

Is there another Desert Pearl in Springdale, UT? We stayed there but it was a motel
Oct 14th, 2003, 12:01 PM

Incognito, The Desert Pearl Inn may LOOK like a motel, but its waaay more. Do a search here, or go to their website:

http://www.desertpearl.com/welcome/

Its truly unique and they've thought of everything, with balconies overlooking the stunning Zion Canyon. Truly charming and elegant, a TREASURE in the desert.
Oct 14th, 2003, 12:13 PM

Hey Smalley, RJ topped my report for you. Hope it helps.
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:20 PM

You are right, Ellen. We really liked those aluminium foil head boards that make strange sounds every time you touch them. Watch out honeymooners! A bidet in our bathroom was very useful too. Did you noticed there was no a closet?
We like this place as a motel in a nice setting but nothing more.
Oct 16th, 2003, 07:12 AM

Zion Lodge has two free internet connections in the lobby but the computers are SO SLOW and I couldn't send out e-mails.

In Page, AZ near Lake Powell, the library is only free to residendence....others had to pay a small fee.

Utahtea
Oct 16th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Utahtea, I don't mind paying a fee. Just want to try a last minute internet booking with Priceline and see if we can get the Venetian in Las Vegas for $79 a night!

Search this Thread