interisland flights hawaii

Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:51 PM
linda

interisland flights hawaii

we are travelling to oahu from the uk but would like to make a couple of interisland flights.the problem is no one will post the flight vouchers to us(too risky !!)and the e-tickets (discount ones) cannot be bought on-line,i would have to give my credit card details over the phone.
can i buy the dicount coupns on oahu and collect them at the airport?
any suggestions will be greatly recieved.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 03:12 PM
xxx

yes you can book reservation over the phone and buy coupons once in airport. Consider flying directly into your first island though, too long of a flight to deal with that hike to inter-island terminal once you arrive from London or mainland. Con hard to get direct flight from any island other than Oahu once in islands. So if you are going from Maui to Kauai you have to stop on Oahu

Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:54 PM
Lara

Linda.
We found cheap interisland flights on orbitz.com. They were actually cheaper than the exact same flight on the airlines' own websites.
Try that.
Lara

Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
xxx

yes lara but not cheaper than coupons and coupon travel offers you more flexibility. You only need to actually buy ticket once in the islands when you decide to travel. Last summer we cancelled some inter island travel we were happy where we were. If we had tickets in hand that would not have been the case.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:11 PM
Lara

oh...wish I knew that before i booked the tickets....oh well.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:29 PM
debbie

Try www.bestvaluetravel.com. I bought one way tickets (14 for $920) for my family.

Apr 24th, 2002, 05:04 AM
xxx

Live and learn Lara you will still have a great time

Apr 24th, 2002, 07:54 AM
linda

the problem we have is that these companys will not deliver paper tickets to the uk,i also have been told that we cannot reserve tickets (and then pay and collect at the airport )without credit card details,i am not willing to give my card detail over the telephone.

Apr 24th, 2002, 07:59 AM
xxx

if that is the case linda how are you planning to come at all. You will be needing to give those details to an airline out of Britain.

Apr 24th, 2002, 08:48 AM
linda

dear xxx,
strangly enought it is possible to buy airline tickets in the UK to travel to Hawaii using the following methods.
1) paying cash
2) using a cheque
3) using a SECURE internet connection
if you read my posts you will see that i do not want to give my credit card details over the telephone,and it is not possible to book over the internet(discount tickets/vouchers.

Apr 24th, 2002, 08:55 AM
xxx

you sound ridiculous Linda you are trusting the internet over a live person

Apr 24th, 2002, 09:08 AM
xxx

just called Hawaiian airlines they told me that I can make the reservation without Credit card over the phone pick up coupons once in the Islands. PS I SAID I WAS FROM ENGLAND.

I do this every year.

Think you were misinformed before, same holds true with Aloha go to websites get 808 numbers and dial them directly.

Apr 24th, 2002, 09:10 AM
linda

xxxx
if i order something and pay over the internet i can get a print out of the transaction ,if i later have too much money taken out of my credit card account i can send the print out and get a refund,no problem,over the telephone i have no proof of what i actually requested(as airline tickets are non refundable this could be a problem)just over a year ago i ordered a book costing $19.99 over the telephone the company debited my card for $1999.99 ,it took three and a half months to get my money back as i had no written proof of my purchase even thought it was an obvious mistake my credit card company (barclay card ) would not pay up until they had seen the slip with out my signature .
i am not rediculous ,just cautious

Apr 24th, 2002, 09:15 AM
xxx

Linda look at previous post and your right you are not ridiculous but the info you had before was wrong about being able to reserve without credit card. Know it sounds hairy to not have that ticket in your hand but you will see these inter-island flights operate like buses (coaches) and on a first come first serve basis even if you have a ticket in your hands. Really not a problem to pick up coupons in airport there is a counter right in front of the gates departing to outerislands.

Apr 24th, 2002, 09:21 AM
xxx

info was wrong about not being able to reserve without a credit card. Call Aloha or Hawaiian direct they will confirm this

Apr 25th, 2002, 09:05 AM
linda

Thanks for your replies,i have now found that hawaiian do five day passes ,this looks to be the best option for us and we can buy it at the airport.

Search this Thread