Inter-Island Helicopter

Search

Inter-Island Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inter-Island Helicopter

Hi I just booked the InterIsland helicopter tour withthe waterfall landing. Only thing is only the early morning flight was open. Departs 8:20am. Anyone know why only the earliest flights were not booked? Is there something wrong with them or do people jsut not like to get up so early?

Thanks,
ken
Old May 22nd, 2003, 04:06 PM
PattyThurston

Idunno...could be sleepy heads..but we went on the 10am with interisland...awesome trip. Youll have a great time unless its pouring rain. Our pilot was Luca. Have fun!

Old May 22nd, 2003, 05:48 PM
southerner

Hey, Patty
Our pilot was Luca also....He didn't know who Bette Midler was and that she lived on Kauai, but I did forgive him because he told us some great Harrison Ford stories.....He was pretty nice to look at also, wasn't he Patty?
Enkay, maybe its just a really busy time of the year that you are going and they are all booked up already...Seems we went about 10ish....You will not regret going with InterIsland...the no doors is an awesome experience!!

Old May 22nd, 2003, 06:38 PM

Hi Enky,

How far in adavance did you book your tour?
Old May 22nd, 2003, 06:54 PM

I also flew with Luca. It was the best part of my Kauai vacation. He was cute and the no doors thing was scary but amazing. I ran into him a few nights later at Duke's at the Marriott. My friend ended up chatting with one of his helicopter buddies and they are now dating long-distance. It is probably booked b/c it's such an awesome trip! He is from Italy I think so maybe that's why he didn't know who Bette Midler was. Don't hold it again the poor guy. He flies safely and gives you a good adventure.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 04:02 AM

Question to PattyThurston: Just what exactly happens inside the open helicopter when it rains? Is there a way to protect your camera's etc?
Old May 23rd, 2003, 04:56 AM

JohnD,

Without trying to be facetious, it gets wet.

My wife & I went with InterIsland in February and it misted for a lot of the trip. Just tried to cover up my digital camera the best I could.

The rain didn't dampen our spirits at all, though...was a great experience and the highlight of the trip (might have had a different story to tell if it was pouring rain instead of just a mist).

Just in case, I might recommend a waterproof camera....they sell very good "throw-aways". Waterproofs are great for snorkeling as well!
Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:08 AM
PattyThurston

We didnt have a downpour but it did rain for a short burst and we did get a little wet. Your camera will probably be on your lap as there is no place to store anything. I even had to leave my purse in the car. Its okay if you get a little wet. The trip is so incredible that you dont care. If its raining on one spot they just move to another.
Luca was a great pilot but iam sure all their pilots are, with all their stories etc. He really likes what hes doing and he said he moved to the Big Island and did Heli tours there but they were boring, after Kauai. so he moved back. The no-doors thing IS scary at first but now I cant imagine going on one with doors.
Southerner...yes hes damn cute , isnt he? I sat squished between Luca and my husband. WoW!!

Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:38 AM

Doug&PT: Thanks for the info. we went with an enclosed helicopter tour out of the Princeville heliport in 2002, it rained quite heavily in the waterfall area of the tour (perhaps because this may be the wettest area on earth) but was fine over the coast. I guess from your accounts that the open-helicopter instrument panel is somehow protected against moisture.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:36 AM

Expect a lot more wind if you are in the back of the helicopter. My husband and I had the back seats. It was very windy and if it had rained, we and the cameras would have gotten wet. We were lucky and it was a beautiful day. It is an awesome experience but not for someone scared of heights especially on the turns. Have fun.