Reload this Page >

input on 'duchamp hotel' healdsburg CA?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 07:05 PM
jv

has anyone tried the duchamp hotel in healdsburg? we go to healdsburg often and love the healdsburg inn on the square but also like to try new places. the web site looks nice but they can be deceptive.

http://www.duchamphotel.com/

btw, we tried the new hotel healdsburg last visit and were extremely disappointed. for about $300 a night, super loud, 'design over function' (e.g., fine to have no door on the shower but water sprayed everywhere and we had to mop the floor constantly... no hooks to hang towels in the bath...) rugs in hallways caught on luggage with rollers so you had to stop every 10 feet to fix the rug, and worst, we wrote a nice but constructive note in the feedback card about our disappointment and suggestions for how to improve things and we did not get any acknowledgement whatsoever - not a card or a thank you or better yet, an apology and invitiation to try them again which is what i would expect from a customer service-oriented hotel. end of rant!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:18 AM
MaryK

Hello - we booked 3 nights in early October for the DuChamp and are very excited about going there - the reviews I've read on different sites have been good, the email correspondance has been very accomodating. Interesting about your comments on the Hotel Healdsburg --I was torn between those 2 hotels and chose the duchamp - - hopefully someone will respond to both of us before we leave!! Although I've found that October is a very popular time of year, so I doubt there would be much else left now! If you have any restaurant recommendations for Healdsburg or wineries you liked in particular, I would really appreciate them. Dry Creek Kitchen? Charcuterie (sp?) thanks a lot.

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi - Stayed there for 3 nights in July 2002. It really is a wonderful hotel and part of wine country.

We had our own private building/suite. When you pull in, it isn't that great to look at, but once you enter, the pools and rooms are fantastic - the showers are the best. They drain just fine, and they are HUGE.

What I like about Healdsburg is the small town feel, with really great food, and access to some nice wineries that aren't overrun.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 03:10 PM

You're not kidding about the Hotel Healdsburg. We stayed when they first opened and it was a complete disaster. Becasuse I'm in the travel industry they gave me a complimenty night to make up for it. I went back and it was almost equally as bad. I would never ever go back again!!
Not in the same town, but for the money (and it's expensive)I love the Gaige House.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 03:11 PM

Hi...we're heading back to Healdsburg and other areas in March. I looked at this property, but was a little concerned with some reviews I read. One stated that it was in a run-down part of town. From their window, they could see the dumpster of a nearby restaurant and saw homeless people urinating on the lawn and getting in the dumpster. If you want to check the validity of this report, go to tripadvisor.com
At this time, I'm looking at staying at the Camellia Inn once again, the Grape Leaf Inn or Madrona Manor. We ate at the Dry Creek Kitchen and loved it!
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 04:28 PM

We stayed there end of Oct. and were NOT pleased..
Bathroom not clean, and staff was not helpful..
We left after one night ..
Stayed rest of out trip at the Yountville Inn and were happy with accomodations AND price.