Inner Harbor/Baltimore

Jan 24th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Inner Harbor/Baltimore

My wife and I are going to the Baltimore over President's Day weekend. We are staying at the Marriott Harborside and are looking for some good restaurants in the area. Every price range, every type of food- we aren't too picky.
Jan 24th, 2007, 08:19 AM

Here are a couple of websites you can start with.

http://www.baltimore.to/baltimore.html

http://www.baltimore.org/
Jan 24th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Charleston's is very expensive but supposed to be one of the best in Baltimore. While others might disagree with me, I'd avoid Phillips right at the Inner Harbor itself.
Jan 24th, 2007, 08:25 AM

One of my favorite Italian restaurants in Little Italy is Amicci's. Very reasonably priced and great food. We eat there everytime we are in Baltimore.

We just discovered a great seafood locals place in the Canton area -- a short cab ride from the Inner Harbor - Mama's on the Half Shell.
Jan 24th, 2007, 08:56 AM

I agree that Phillips is terrible.

Little Italy has some great restaurants.

2nd Mamas.

For casual food, try Lexington Market.
Jan 24th, 2007, 09:19 AM

Roy's is right at your hotel. Great restaurant, on the expensive side. Hawaiian regional cuisine. If you've been to Hawaii, it will take you back. If you haven't, it's a great chance to experience the cuisine.
Jan 24th, 2007, 09:33 AM

mikemw23, there are 2 Marriots there, one Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, and the other one Waterfront. I'm assuming you are staying at the Inner Harbor Marriott.

uconn1990, I think you are referring to the Waterfront Marriott with your reference to Roy's. There's also a great pub around the corner from Roy's called James Joyce. Nice pub lunch/beers, but I wouldn't recommend dinner there.

Which one are you staying at? The two are at opposite ends of the Harbor.
Jan 24th, 2007, 09:39 AM

You're right. I am referring to the Marriott Waterfront (the one that is one a few years old).

The is also a Renaissance, owned by Marriott at the Inner Harbor. That may be called Harborside. It is the closest hotel to the Inner Harbor attractions. It is a 5-10 minute walk between the Renaissance & the new Marriott where Roy's is.

Anyway, I wouldn't miss Roy's.
Jan 24th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the help- keep it coming. We are staying at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront on
700 Aliceanna Street. Not sure if that is the one everyone is refering to.
Jan 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM

Yes, that's the one you can walk to Little Italy, Roy's and James Joyce around the corner. It's a great hotel. We stayed there this past Labor Day.

Parking is $21 for in/out all day. You can drive to Canton and/or Fells Point but if you are going to imbibe, it's a short taxi ride.

A short walk to the aquarium, ESPN Zone and Hard Rock of you're into those things. My 11 year old grandson loved ESPN Zone -- I thought it was a "rip off."

I think it will be too cold to take the water taxis, which was a great way to get around the Inner Harbor. Enjoy!!
Jan 24th, 2007, 11:03 AM

The Marriott Waterfront is where Roy's is. It is also very close to Little Italy. Lots of good Italian restaurants. One of our favorites is La Tavola. I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to have half-price wine (bottles only) on Friday nights. If you like wine, it's a great opportunity to get a nice bottle of wine without paying through the nose. Last time we were there, we got a very good Amarone that retails for $45 in stores($80 on wine list) for $40. La Tavola is on the small side, which I think is an advantage. Some of the other Italian restaurants tend to be larger and nosier.
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM

Many good choices in the Little Italy/Fells Point/Canton area (which would be a short walk/cab ride)
Anything in particular you are looking for? Price range?
Little Italy - there are many excellent italian restaurants here. Ranging in price from inexpensive to very expensive.
Fell's Point - I'd recommend Bertha's, Red Star, and John Steven Ltd to name a few
Canton - Mama's on the Half Shell is excellent, especially the pan seared scallops. Nacho Mama's is good [americanized] mexican with lots of baltimore kitsch hanging on the walls.
There are even some good places right near your hotel like Roy's and Taco Fiesta is a good place to grab lunch.

I could give you some more recommendations if I knew more of what you're looking for... fine dining? a taste of baltimore culture? cuisine? wine? beer? etc.
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:16 PM

We were in Baltimore for the first time last Labor Day weekend, and really enjoyed our meals at Amicci's and at a tapas place...I think it was on Aliceanna Street...very busy and "trendy" sort of spot, but delicious, delicious food. WHY can't I remember the name? Anyone know the place I'm talking about?
Jan 25th, 2007, 01:56 AM

PAZO!! That's the name. It was great!
Jan 27th, 2007, 09:00 PM

Hellen's Garden in Canton for good food & wine.

Mo