Reload this Page >

Inn @ Spanish Garden -Santa Barbara

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
Dennis

I am planning a getaway for a romantic weekend in Santa Barbara for my wife's 40th birthday. Has anyone stayed at the New Inn of the Spanish Garden? If so, how was it?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:08 PM
xxx

Since you had no replies I topped a great post about this place.

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Nan

We stayed there is April. IMHO their internet sight and brochure "oversell" this property so I was somewhat disappointed. Located on a busy street 2 blocks parallel to State. Neighborhood is densly built and ranges from artsy/quaint to scary. Not a place to stay for a relaxing, luxurious weekend but great for clubbing and restaurant hopping in downtown. Rooms are smart and all have a f/p but only some come with the large soaking tubs that they advertise in their brochure. We complained and were given an upgrade. Pool is very small but clean. Hotel rates have gotten outrageouos in SB so I guess our rate of $201.50 (AAA discount) was good but I am much more intrigued by the new Hotel Oceana. Looked great from the outside and on the ocean. The Inn @ SB is a fine hotel if you are looking for a crisp clean place to throw your stuff and explore SB but not if you are looking for a resort-type experience. Its really a motel with really beautiful woodwork and great bathroom fixtures.

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:28 PM
xxx

I don't know anything about this particular hotel but based on Ann's entry it doesn't sound impressive. Instead check out Bacara (if you don't mind spending $400 - $500 per night). It opened about a year and a half ago and is first rate in every manner. The resort is about 100 yards from the ocean, has two large pools and is secluded yet still relatively close to State Street where the majority of restaurants and shopping are located.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:31 PM
lagirl

Bacara is not anywhere near State street!

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:16 AM
xxx

LA Girl:

I was attempting to convey the benefit of the seclusion of Bacara in relation to it's "relative" closeness (maybe you should read the reply a little more carefully) to State street. No you can't walk there but it's only about a five minute drive.