Reload this Page >

Information about Montana

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Girl

I'm looking for any information about living in the state of Montana, specifically, Bozeman or Missoula. I'm thinking of attending college there and would love to know what it's like. I also have a ten year old son that will be with me. We both love the outdoors and do not need to live in or near a major city. (I'm currently living outside of Detroit.) (

Thanks!!

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:09 AM
lisa

Try going to findyourspot.com This is actually a website that asks you questions about the types of places you want to live and once you do the survey, lists about 25 places that "match" your needs. You might be able to find info on those particular cities there. You can also go to each cities' website to find info.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 10:10 AM
cd

We lived in Montana for three years and the winters are really bitter cold. Many days WAY below zero!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 02:42 PM
John

I have lived in many many places in the U.S. and have retired in Kalispell Montana by choice. Scenery, people AND weather are great!! I favor Missoula over Bozeman as Mt. State is kinda clique-ish in my opinion. Either place youwill love the fresh air and small town attitude.
COME ON OUT!!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 05:25 PM
John

Here's more info. that may help.
WWW.Missoula.com
www.montanalife.com
www.bozeman.com
www.missoulamontana.com
Hope this helps

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 06:12 PM
peg

My son has gone to college and lived in Missoula for the past four years - and he loves it. Yes, it is cold, but the people of Montana could not be nicer. Missoula is beautiful, (and so is Kalispell and Whitefish), the college is terrific, and it seems to be a wonderful place to raise children. Best of luck!