Search

info on sliverleaf villages flint tx

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
info on sliverleaf villages flint tx

Hi,
we have a wedding to go to in march in 2009 near dallas and this resort is the best we could get. just wondering if it was a good move?
and is there anything we really should do or see?
thank you
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 04:01 PM

I was under the impression that Silverleaf Villages is a timeshare resort. I have been out there to the indoor waterpark (that part is open to the public) with my daughter. I have not seen the inside of any of the condos but from the outside they are older looking. It's a pretty area with lots of trees and by a lake.

Where is the wedding at? I may (or may not) be able to suggest somewhere closer.
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

hi travler,
I found out late today this is where we are staying.
Can you let me know of a couple places to eat & some things to do. We enjoy doing almost anything.
The wedding is in Tioga Tx. at Spirit of The West I beleive it's about a 2 hour drive from the resort.
Thank you for your help
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM

Okay, it sounds like Silverleaf Villages is a set deal. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Again, it's a pretty area. If you have kids they will enjoy the indoor waterpark there. It's not on a grand of scale as the Great Wolf Lodge but it is nice. They also offer horseback riding I believe.

The weather in March is quite variable (read unpredictable). It could have highs in the 70's or could just as easily have highs in the 30's. It will be too early to see roses at the beautiful Rose Garden. The Caldwell Zoo is a surprisingly nice zoo. All ages will enjoy a visit to it. I've never been to the Hudnall Planetarium but it's supposed to be nice. www.planetarium.tjc.edu

If you like to like to golf there are several nice public golf courses in the area:

Oak Hurst in Bullard www.easttexasgolf.com

Pine Dunes Resort & Golf Club in Frankston www.pinedunes.com

Garden Valley Golf Resort in Lindale (about 40 minutes away) www.gardenvalleygolf.com

As far as restaurants, there are plenty of chain restaurants on the South side of Tyler. Cheddar's is popular. There's also an Outback Steakhouse, Applebee's, On the Border, TGIF's, Chili's, etc. For something more unique you may want to try Coyote Sam's Bar & Grill www.coyotesamsbarandgrille.com It's like an elegant ranch with rooms with fireplaces. It also has a nice looking outdoor patio. There's also Dakota's Steak and Chop House if you're looking for something upscale. Also upscale is Sonoma Grill. Many like Rick's on the Square. It has live music on the weekends. Potpourri House is also good for something more unique at a reasonable price. The Diner is also a good casual place for lunch or dinner at a reasonable price. I like their fried green tomatoes. www.thedinertyler.com

I'm not familiar with Tioga. I had to look on a map to find it. I'd estimate it to be a 2 1/2 hour drive, maybe a little more. It is about 45 minutes away from Frisco and Plano, both cities I'm very familiar with and can answer more questions about if you would like to visit there. I would suggest you do visit them, as there is so much to do there. If you like to shop, you will LOVE a visit there. The Stonebriar Mall in Frisco is excellent. The Shops at Legacy in Plano is a great place to visit also. Tioga is also about 30 minutes from Denton (heading the other direction). I'm not very familiar with things to do there.

Of course, I would suggest visiting Dallas itself too. The Dallas Arboretum has the Spring Blooms in March which are stunning. There's the downtown area with the JFK Museum and the Dallas Museum of Art.

I hope you enjoy your trip. Let me know if you need more info on anything.
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

Thanks for all the info. My husband said a can choice going to new orleans or san antonio & I do like to gamble so I'm not sure what will do.
Thanks again