Infant travel

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infant travel

I am looking to travel last one or two weeks in december with a 6 month old on holiday in any part of the US that has warm weather. We live in NYC, dont want to face huge crowds at Disney with a 6 month old. Which are the best places that are infant friendly ( never traveled with him before ) & warm with reasonable medical care if needed.Thanks in advance
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM

Most anywhere, but if you are looking for warm, then I would suggest the Florida Keys.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 11:49 AM

I don't want to put too much of a damper on your plans but flying with an infant during the Christmas/New Year from NY to any point South has risks ... in the sense that weather can play havoc with your plans .. sitting in airports, on runways with an unhappy baby, etc . I would try to plan to go somewhere as close ( short a flight) as possible.
Miami/the Keys sounds good..
But remember, the rest of the country ( especially NY) has the same plan
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 12:05 PM

For what its worth, we're travelling in early December with our son, who will be 14 mos at the time. Settled on Club Med Punta Cana since it had direct flights from NYC; a baby club option for babysitting as well as cribs etc for the rooms and the weather is a lot warmer than Florida can be in December. If you can go a little bit earlier the weather is a little less iffy (usually) and some of the places offer pretty good deals since travel drops a little between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies, I will research the keys, i understand its busy & expensive travel time - have traveled this time of the year often but my husband's business slows down only then & plus I am terrified to travel with a 6 month old ( new mom + physician = paranoid ). Any other places you can think of, i would also research punta cana thanks a ton
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 07:37 AM

For what it's worth, we also cleared Punta Cana with our doctor. You should confirm with your ped, since at 6 months, s/he will not have had MMR and other shots. In our case, our doc said he would be fine. That being said, you might do better in the US if there's any concern about vaccinations...
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

thanks a lot, i think we are sticking to us for now. anyone know about california with an infant.