Reload this Page >

Inexpensive Williamsburg Motel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Lauren

If you want a basic motel (no indoor pool or sauna), try The Quarterpath Inn. The website is

http://quarterpath.com/

You will get little soaps to steal but no little shampoos or lotions. I go to Williamsburg often and have found it to be a good buy for the money.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 09:49 PM
Lynn

I just found out about The Days Inn - East Williamsburg, located right across from Waterworld, 1 1/5 miles from Busch Gardens. Apparently it's not a bad hotel, and for the weekend of June 8th-10th it's offering a rate of $51.75 a night! Check out Days Inn Website.

I checked the rate at the hotel you mention, (that I will also file away for future reference - thanks for posting the information!!) and it's rate for that weekend is $85 a night!

If anyone has stayed at the above Days Inn, could you please tell me what you thought?

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Lynn

Opppss...What I meant to say is Water Country! (not waterworld)

Old May 4th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Lauren

I am staying at The Quarterpath Inn May 11-13 at the $48 a day rate plus tax. Contact them directly. I do have a feeling the $85 rate is not the best they will do for you.

All of this does, however, depend on how full they are, what time of year it is, etc.

Old May 26th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Susan

I haven't stayed at the Days Inn but I do know that it is in a very quiet location. The only thing very close is Water Country. No restaurants you can walk to. This can be bad or good. You aren't too far from Busch Gardens and restaurants near Kingsmill (at 199 and 60).

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:23 PM
RTraveler

I travel to Wburg a couple of times a year for about 5 years. I've been staying at the Governor Spottswood Motel on Rt 60(1508 Richond Rd) , maybe 1/4 mi W of Bypass Rd. http://www.govspottswood.com or [email protected] 800-368-1244

It's an older 1950's style motor court, family run. Clean, pool, nearby restaurants, quiet, low key, Play area for kids. Soap is about the only room amenity, but a fair price. I prefer older motels to cookie cutter hotels.

You might try picking up some of those "coupon travel guides" one finds on the interstate rest stops, tourist centers, and Dennys. You'll find many motels in there, but don't expect to get the discount on Fri or Sat nights.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 05:56 AM
paula

We stayed at that DAys Inn several times. It is nice - rooms are neat and clean - and it IS easy to get to. Waterworld is across the street, Busch Gardens is a 5 minute ride, Colonial Williamsburg not much further. Jamestown is a bbbit further, but worththe trip if you are a historical buff - nice walk around.