Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Embassy Row Hilton, Westin Fairfax, or Radisson Barcelo?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 09:30 AM
lynn

Anyone have an opinion as to which of these hotels is the nicest and most convenient to the Dupont Circle Metro? Thank you!

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 05:01 AM
bbb

To the top.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 11:16 AM
angela

Westin Fairfax, I would assume is in Fairfax, VA, so you might want to rule that out, since it's not right in Dupont.

The Barcelo is within walking distance of Dupont Circle, and I think that Hilton Embassy might be. There are a couple of Hilton's there, so I might be getting confused.

Check the rants and raves section of the Fodors site, to see if there are any posts about either one of those hotels. Been inside the Barcelo for a conference; the meeting rooms were nice, but can't comment on the rooms.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Christina

Westin Fairfax is right near the Dupont metro (used to be the Ritz Carlton, I think) across from the Hilton. They are all very very close to the metro, within a block, so they all are equally convenient. I think the Hilton and Westin are on a street that is a little bit nicer IMO and quieter, and are more attractive hotels, but I have not stayed in any of them. I think they are both slightly closer to the metro stop, also, so if you can't choose otherwise, I'd go for them. If you want to be in the thick of coffee houses, younger-clientele restaurants and bratskellers, etc, choose the Radisson. I would choose the Westin although that's just from the outside and its mystique; my impressions it's a slightly nicer hotel, but don't know for sure and I'm sure rooms vary.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Christina

Westin Fairfax is right near the Dupont metro (used to be the Ritz Carlton, I think) across from the Hilton. They are all very very close to the metro, within a block, so they all are equally convenient. I think the Hilton and Westin are on a street that is a little bit nicer IMO and quieter, and are more attractive hotels, but I have not stayed in any of them. I think they are both slightly closer to the metro stop, also, so if you can't choose otherwise, I'd go for them. If you want to be in the thick of coffee houses, younger-clientele restaurants and bratskellers, etc, choose the Radisson. I would choose the Westin although that's just from the outside and its mystique; my impression is that it's a slightly nicer hotel, but don't know for sure and I'm sure rooms vary.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 11:21 AM
lynn

Thanks a lot! Any other opinions out there?

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 05:58 AM
help

I don't know about the other two hotels but Embassy Hilton with a AAA discount can cost around $108/night if available or you can use the Hilton Honors Program on Hilton's website and its about $125/night.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 06:30 AM
lynn

Thanks, "help" -- On capitoltown.com I've gotten rates of $95 at the Embassy and $109 for the Westin Fairfax. Just trying to decide whether to spend the extra few dollars for the Westin Fairfax and/or keep trying for a low rate at the Radisson Barcelo.