Search

In and Out Burger

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 04:27 AM
kgn
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In and Out Burger

A number of our friends have told us to eat at In and Out Burger. Where are they located. We will not be in LA but we will be in San Fran and then driving down the coast to San Diego but we were not planning on stopping in LA. Are there other locations?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:17 AM

Check out their web site for locations at
http://www.in-n-out.com/
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 06:35 AM

Do your friends own a franchise? It is simply a fast food / hamburger chain restaurant. Yes one of the better, but still a chain.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:18 AM
kgn
Original Poster

no they do not own a piece of the franchise. But we have young kids and they say it is way better than a mcdonalds etc.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:19 AM

If you're gonna be in CA, you've got to try in and out. Yes, it's fast food, but it's good, and you can't get it at home, so may as well give it a shot.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:22 AM

Why would you come to California and NOT go to In-N-Out? And, don't forget to take home a T-shirt.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:23 AM

Quick rave on In-n-Out!! The menus are short and sweet-- burgers, fries, shakes, soft drinks. Everything is made fresh, it's served quickly, and you can tell from the taste that it's something special.

Be sure to order your fries "well done" to get that crispiness people expect. If you're a strict Atkins wonk, you can order the burgers "protein style" and get the meat sandwiched between two lettuce leaves (hand-leafed iceberg, local produce).

Enjoy your trip, and make at least one stop at In-n-Out, cuz "that's what a hamburger's all about!"
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:29 AM

Here's an odd story...

On the plane to San Fransisco a few weeks ago, I had read an article in Business 2.0 magazine about how well run and good the In and Out franchise was.

When we were in San Fran, I saw one down near Fisherman's Wharf...it intrigued me so I went in and my wife and I split a burger.

It is one of the better fast food burgers I've had...very fresh. I didn't have the fries since we just wanted to go in and sample, but the ones on the tables around us looked good.

The thing I found the most facisnating (and refreshing) was how poilite and intellegent the employees were (for a fast food restaurant)

The menu is very limited, but they focus on certain items and do them well.

...also, one thing that I read in the magazine was that there is a "secret" menu with around 6 or 8 items you can order...like 1 burger with 12 patties on it, one without a bun, etc...these all have names, but I can't remember what they are.

I'm sure they have a website with info on it.

BTW...I'm not condoning the In and Out burger as a dinner choice for Fisherman's Wharf...there are better ways to have a good meal...it would be good place for a snack though
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:35 AM

A"double-double with", and, now that I'm on Atkins, "protein style"! What's you're favorite In-N-Out burger?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:39 AM

I'm a big fan of In and Out burgers!! They really are very good. And they are so cheap! I like the way they do their buns and the french fries are so fresh!!

I must confess we have this about once a week, one just opened about ten minutes from our home. It's a hot spot for all ages. I still get excited when my husband says, "I"m bringing home In and Out tonight!!" Enjoy!!

The only comprable place I have found like this is the Burgerville chain around Portland,OR. Their walla walla onion rings are out of this world! Enjoy!! ***kim***
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:03 AM

Great, you guys are making me hungry. I guess it's In and Out Burgers tonight for dinner!
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:14 AM

Here's one web site for the secret menu.
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/sleuth/sleuth2a.htm
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:14 AM

Oh yes, certainly do the In and Out Burger thing! Even if I'm not all that hungry, when some one mentions In and Out, I'm down with it! The burgers are good, but the fries are terrific! Taste like what you would make at home, if you want the hassle and time.

As stated, the menu is very limited, but what they do, they do well. And besides the "protein burger" they also have what I think is called "animal style" - which amounts to a grilled cheese sandwich for our vegetarian friends. This a place where you can truly get it "your way!"

Enjoy!
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:18 AM

There is an In and Out in San Francisco at Fisherman's Wharf. Good food!!! It is not franchised so all the restaurants are owned by the same family (hence the random bible quotes on the packaging).
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:29 AM

Animal style is the way the burger is cooked with mustard. "Animal Style: Burgers are cooked with mustard. Pickles, extra spread and grilled onions are added."
The grilled Cheese is without the burger.
Veggie Burger is a hamburger without the beef patty or cheese. Is there any burger there?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:31 AM

I am a fan of In and Out too. Their hamburgers are tasty.

The reason that they have such great employees is that they pay them well and treat them like actual people. Whereas most fast food employees make minimum wage or just above that, In and Out pays their employees a few dollars more an hour.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:41 AM

I had to add my two cents worth - In & Out is great! When I'm on Atkins I love being able to drive thru and ask for the protein style - don't forget to tell them no "secret" sauce, mustard instead - it's a yummy burger and totally legal. When I'm not following Atkins I can't resist the fries and a chocolate shake.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:54 AM

kgn,
I just had an In-n-Out burger yesterday for lunch. I love onions, so if you ask, they will give you not only a thin slice of raw onion, but also a little pile of sauteed onion in there too. There must be a name for this, does anyone know? Whatever... it's delicious.

Burgerville???? That's one chain I'd love to see expand to California. Their halibut fish & chips are terrific, and they make the best red raspberry ice cream sundae with real Oregon raspberries!

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 09:02 AM

Forget lunch--what time do they open?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 09:43 AM

Grilled onions is called "with grilled". Yummy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -