If you had a choice right now-Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waying two townhouses, one near Anini Beach and the other (#2) near Hideways. Supposedly able to walk to the Princeville resort from #2. #1 has a jacuzzi though. Same price. What would you do?
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to mention, I'm going in early October.

Thanks!!!!!!
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:03 AM

#2 would be more lively (in a strictly relative sense of course !), #1 quieter. I'd go for #2 myself tho' either would do !
Cheers
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Lively because of the Princeville Resort I take it? I am having such a hard time deciding....that jacuzzi is the kicker, otherwise I go for the Hideways one in a heartbeat. Anybody else have thoughts on this?
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 09:03 AM

I cannot picture where there are any townhouses right at Anini; all the rentals there are regular houses.
What does "near Anini" mean? I love Anini, it is peaceful and gorgeous but there are no restaurants or stores within walking distance.

The townhouses/condos near Hideaways vary, are you talking about Pali Ke Kua?
Or another complex? Great views from the bluffs there plus you can walk to Princeville Hotel and Hanalei Bay Resort for music and dining.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

the Lady I spoke to about the townhouse said that Anini is within walking distance but its a climb down, about 10 minutes she said walking. The picture shows views of the ocean, but a golf course is in front of the view. Its a 2 bedroom upstairs and down...maybe it is a house and she just called it a townhouse?

For the one closer to Princeville Resort, its the Hanalei Bay Villas and it seems similar to the first one. Townhouse type with 2 bedrooms and upstairs and down.

Starting to sound like we might like it better closer to the Resort...more places to walk to. Although we will have a car, it would be nice to walk to a restaurant in case we want drinks

Any other suggestions?
Thanks to those that replied!!
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

OH, I also found a jacuzzi room at the Sealodge...would this be within walking distance to the Princeville Resort?
Thanks!
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Okay, I've been researching...the room at the sealodge is on the ground floor but it has a jacuzzi. I'm really interested as to the beach in front of the Sealodge and if its within walking distance to the Princeville resort. Please help! What would you go with, a ground floor jacuzzi or a townhouse without?

Thank you!!
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 11:14 AM

Anini is nice but you need to be careful of public camping. Just ask how far it is. The water is close by there and you can walk right out to it as opposed to hiking down in Princeville.

Having said that I like Princeville. I really like being able to walk to the Sheraton and a two mile car ride for ice cream at the Princiville shopping center (more of a small strip, grocery, hardware, 1-2 small specialty shops, gas).

You are not going to want to be on Hideaways more than a day so it is really more about what your home is close to if you choose that spot.

Both areas are nice. Most have experience at Princeville but I would not judge that as a reason to select Princeville they are both nice. Just watch out for public camping in Anini, if you have small kids or elderly forget Princeville you won't want to hike down to hideways with them.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 11:19 AM

The road from Hanalei Bay villas to that beach in front of the Princeville is about 5-8 minutes and it is steep so you won't feel like you want to pop back up to the villa for snacks.

Like I said earlier you are going to find yourself driving to beaches unless you stay in Hanalei town.

Sealodge is on the other side of Princeville and not regular walking distance from the Sheraton. The prices are nice there though. You know if you search you can find a princeville map online.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 11:20 AM

always ask if the beach is a swimming beach.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 11:36 AM

I've never understood the fascination with jacuzzis. Yes, they're ok. But a reason to choose one lodging over another? Uh-uh. I'd go with #1 Anini.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 11:39 AM

I have never understood the need to judge someone else’s vacation choices.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 12:03 PM

Is it cool at night in Hawaii in October? If not, might not be any need for the hot tub. I think better views would mean more to me.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Kal

I still don't get the fascination w/ Kauai. ;^)

We usually go in Dec/Jan and have gone over late Nov/early Dec and sometimes it gets chilly enuff to maybe put a long sleeve t-shirt on at night.

Early Oct shouldn't be too chilly.
Mahalo,
Kal
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Iza

I would go with the one near Hideaways which is a small but very pretty beach with great snorkeling. We loved it. Of course, if it rained at night and is still muddy, you will not be able to hike to it ;-).
Anini beach was a bit boring to me. You'll probably end up driving to different beaches everyday anyway.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 02:46 PM

Iza didn't you drive to other beaches every day or were you content with hideways. I think that beach is picturesq but too small for more than a morning.
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Iza

We did drive to other beaches but spent a couple of mornings and an afternoon at Hideaways. We liked the convenience of just walking down the cliff and doing some snorkeling. That path down the cliff was a killer but the views were great!
I generally like small cove-like beaches so I enjoyed that one more than, say, Tunnels.