Reload this Page >

If only one day in Orlando, which park?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 1998, 09:30 AM
Jean-francois Clay

If you have only one day in orlando which park would you select for french children from 9 to 16.
MGM, Universal, Epcot (lots of adverts), Magic Kingdom (similar to Eurodisney)

thanks in advance

Old Jun 21st, 1998, 02:03 PM
Connie

if you have a similar version of disney world(magic kingdom) then I would choose MGM or Universal. Most children would get bored with Epcot since it seems geared towards adults and it's a lot of walking.

Old Jun 21st, 1998, 03:38 PM
Eileen

As I live nearby to all the parksI would agree with the previous sugggestion as far as if you have been to EuroDisney, then skip the Magic Kingdom. True, Epcot is alot of walking (aren't they all?) however, the five or six corporate sponsered "symposium" buildings are worth more than half the day to go through - they each showcase futuristic things that can be seen nowhere else and are extremely interesting to adults as well as children. Universla is great, as long as they are familiar with the american-themed movies (JAWS, Back to the Future). Universal has been referred to as the adult version of Disney, as they freely serve alcohol and there are pubs in most sections. Alas, The Magic Kingdom is a 100% sure shot- If I had only one day!

Old Jun 21st, 1998, 03:38 PM
Eileen

As I live nearby to all the parksI would agree with the previous sugggestion as far as if you have been to EuroDisney, then skip the Magic Kingdom. True, Epcot is alot of walking (aren't they all?) however, the five or six corporate sponsered "symposium" buildings are worth more than half the day to go through - they each showcase futuristic things that can be seen nowhere else and are extremely interesting to adults as well as children. Universla is great, as long as they are familiar with the american-themed movies (JAWS, Back to the Future). Universal has been referred to as the adult version of Disney, as they freely serve alcohol and there are pubs in most sections. Alas, The Magic Kingdom is a 100% sure shot- If I had only one day!

Old Jun 29th, 1998, 05:58 PM
jan

I too would suggest MGM over Magic Kingdom--it would be fun for both of your children.

As for Universal--we had a bad experience there 3 years ago--long lines for rides (some 90 min.!) Also, we would wait in line for a ride for an hour then ride would shut down because of mechanical problems!! Universal just wasn't as organized as Disney--also, not as clean!! Unless things have changed,I'd stick with Disney..

If you DO try Universal and run into the same problems as we did--demand your money back! We did,after talking to other tourists when there, and Universal apologized and graciously reimbursed us--maybe it was just a bad day for them. Possibly things have changed.

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 04:52 PM
kam

I would certainly recommend EPCOT---it is geared more to older children (you don't give ages) and adults, but has much more to offer than the silly Universal rides based on movies and you have already access to Disneyworld in France. Visit Epcot, have a nice meal, do some shopping and visit the wonderful corporate sponsored exhibits. The purpose of a holiday is to relax, after all!

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 05:26 PM
marc

MGM would be my choice if I only had one day with children ages 9 & 16. We visited Disneyworld for the first time last May and MGM had something for everyone. My children ages 4 & 7 loved it. We spent the entire day and did not see it all. Epot is geared more towards adults. Enoy...whichever park you choose.

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 06:24 PM
Diane Backlund

I would definitely do Epcot. My two nephews (ages 5 & 6) just spent a week in Orlando and saw everything but loved Epcot the most. I have been to all of them and I liked Epcot the most too. MGM is okay too but Universal in Southern Ca. is lots better than Universal - Orlando. Just my opinion, but have talked to others who agree with me. Have a good trip.

Old Jul 18th, 1998, 07:30 PM
DadZee

First let me say that apparently noone realizes that you seem to have a GROUP of children from France ranging from 9 to 16. Epcot is truly wonderful according to my wife, but keep in mind that much of it is based on a let's go to different countries theme. This may actually be amusing to some of the group to come to the old U.S.A. to see our impression of your culture, but teenagers may just be annoyed. Try MGM for a taste of the truly over the top tackiness that defines us as Americans. By the way do all the people in your country really hate us? Just wondering...
Good luck,
DadZee