Search

identify a rPlease help estaurant in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
identify a rPlease help estaurant in Rome

Dear fodorites,

We are 4 days and counting from our departure to Italy. A gentlemen overheard me discussing this with a friend yesterday, and suggested that we eat at a restaurant in Rome that was located on the top floor of a museum, which offered commanding views of the Colosseum and the nearby area. He could not recollect the name of the eatery, but he recommended it highly. Any thoughts or ideas on which restaurant that he may be referring to?

gravysandwich
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:18 PM

Hi gravysandwich - now get yourself over to the Europe Board, LOL.!!

BTW, I am not famaliar with that restaurant but bet on the Europe Board someone will be. And if not imagine your hotel in Rome could tell you.

Did you remember to contact your credit card companies and ATM's to tell them of your travel plans so they do not put a "hold" on them?

Oh also, the "always slow friend in Veneto" answered my e-mail yesterday. And yes it did make sense. He too said "no problem" with the transportation for Venice on Easter. Uhm, he did have an excuse, he had been in Naples for 9 days without his laptop. Again, happy travelling!
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:13 PM

ttt
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Was it the cafe/bar at Piazza Venezia Vittorio Emmanuele?
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks LoveItaly. I actually did re-post on the Europe forum, but do not see it there. Maybe the fodors big brother doesn't allow duplicate posts. Thanks for the confirmation on the public transportation being up and running during our time in Venice. Your efforts are much appreciated. And, yes, I have notified all the credit card companies that we will be abroad so they can make the necessary arrangements. I did tell them that it would be OK if anyone paid my bills or deposited money into my account.

kybourbon, I don't know if that is the name of the place or not. I will be contacting our B&B, the Nicolas Inn, and hopefully they will have some info. They are located fairly close by, on Via Cavour, so they may know something. Thanks for posting.

I am considering a full quarantine on our 5 year old, effective immediately. He isn't sick, and I want to keep it that way. Do you think that it would be OK to wrap him in cellophane, and poke a couple of holes for the mouth and nose? Just a thought....

Thanks everybody.

gravysandwich

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:38 PM

gravysandwich - Your post is there on the Europe board. Click your name anywhere in this thread and you'll see it.