Search

I Miss Kal, etal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 04:46 AM
iceeu2

I Miss Kal, etal

What has happened to Kal, etal......The last I read he had messed up his knee and was nursing it with Italian gravey!!
Where is Susie and Scarlett and Margo...and Big Daddy??
I know RichnPA is still in Kauai...Lucky dog..
Have yall all gone to other boards or what?

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not intend to add fuel to the fire, but someone suggested in a recent post that Kal was but one identity of a single Fodorite with multiple screennames.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:29 AM

Whoaaaa - just a minute there, folks! There's only one Kal and he's not the kind to mess around with multiple screen names. He's a very nice, intelligent man who I really doubt needs to slide in comments and hide behind another persona.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:02 AM

As I recall, many folks other than Kal were listed in this somewhat hysterical post complanining about recomendations for traveling to a certain town/city in California (a post which I can't find anymore). Furthermore, let me take this opportunity to extend my sincere apology to Kal for any perceived disparagement. #-o
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:06 AM
dln

iceeu2, Scarlett is on a French adventure and will be back soon. I wish Kal would post again--love his references to Mrs. Kal--too funny!

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 07:04 AM

While I've been on vacation for two weeks I was astounded to return just yesterday to find no new posts from Kal since his last post in middish July. Where in the world is Kal?
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 08:11 AM

And while searching for Kal... where is Waldo?
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:43 AM

Reply to FainaAgain: I found Waldo ! He is posting here :The most over rated resort area you have been to? (It's a poll-everyone should contribute!)
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:59 AM

LOLLLLLLLLL JohnD you even made me read that post!!!!! And yes, somebody really uses this nickname Waldo!!!!!!! Thank you so much for my laugh of the day! Sorry can't help you with Kal.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:02 AM

I think he posted something about having knee surgery. He posts on the Wine O's thread on the "other topics" forum.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 07:22 PM

>< Well, my goodness, you guys!!! Sheesh...aren't we allowed to just be out and about enjoying those lazy crazy hazy days of summer?! Ah well, it's nice to be missed! I can personally vouch for the fact that Kal is doing fine, according to e-mails we've exchanged, seems to be on the mend (I can tell he's fine just from all the ranting and raving he's doing over the California recall circus!!!) As for me, iceeu2, upon our return from Kauai , we were the guests of honor at the 25th anniversary party family members threw for us, then had out-of-town visitors, yada yada yada. Have planned an overnight jaunt up to Saratoga in a couple of weeks, and have booked our flights for our late Feb./early March return to Kauai. So, in a nutshell...I'm still very much here, thanks for asking, and hope you're all having a great summer. "See ya in the funny papers!"
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:19 PM

are you sure kal didn't wander into the cocktail party on the europe board? Oh, wait, maybe I had one too many bellinis and started hallucinating.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Kal

Alohhhhaaaa all,
Thx for all the off-board contacts informing me of my pre-mature demise.

Nice to actually be missed. #39;(
It would take Mrs Kal a few days to figger' out I'm missing since I'm always so quiet and basically inconspicous!

Been very busy at work. b-(

Plus, since Arnold dropped out of the race, I'm now running (limping) for Governor of California. What could my campaign slogan be? Hmmm. "2 wine bottles in every pot?"
And then with my new knee, I'll try out for Punter with the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Knee surgery tomorrow.
<See,Margot, you NEVER listen! > Just a "minor" scoping. We hope!
Luckily, the new surgery center is located a few doors down from my new fave wine shop!
Suuuz, Secret Cellars rocks!

iceeu2, It's "Italian Chicken Soup"...Red wine! Italian gravey is meat sauce....yummmmmm.

JohnD-one of the reasons I wasn't paying the usual close attention here is because I was being accused of doing the SF/SJ thing. I gave up that thread long ago.
All I know is the times we've been to SF, since '63, we've seen it all and we still feel more threatened walking down Sacto's K St mall around 6:00pm than we ever did in SF's Union Square, so to each their own.

Have I thrown a few "barbs" at SJ, YEP, but always under my own ID.

At first on Fodor's, I was accused of being a Kauaian travel agent. I don't know what is worse?

Can't wait to hear from RichPa.
145 mo' days for us!

Ccolor-Thx. Where do I mail your beads?

Margot-NYC in May is nice, no?

MelsHi, I'm CRAVING Loco Moco!!! As well as a muffaletta, deep dish pizza and a walkaway shrimp cup.
Why is it you're always the hungriest when they tell you nothing 12hrs. before surgery?

dln-I could write a book on "My Life With Mrs Kal". If I wasn't married to her, I should would like to be able to have her as a friend.

If anyone ever wants to drop me an
off-board line, feel free. [email protected]

"Safe, Confidential and Clean! Sanitized for you protection!"

Kal "One Man-One Name-A Legend in His Own Mind" Kahuna >-
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:17 AM

Hey Kal, glad to hear you've visited Secret Cellars. Wine tasting there? I glanced at it yesterday as I made my getaway from the miniature golfing I was NAGGED into doing. My question is, what were those grown men doing golfing through windmills without the required young-uns?

So many choices for governor now perhaps your slogan IS the best but then again there is Larry Flynt!
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Kal

Suuuuuz, I may try the Barrell Tasting on 8-14. Since I bought about 5 bottles of wine there last week, I was given a free ticket,sooooo.

Flynt for Gov? Hmmmmmm. Think of all the "First Ladies" in Sacto!!!

So far I've been able to dodge ANY event held at the Golf/Splash place.
As a friend used to describe "Chuck E Cheese Pizza Parlors" applies here..."the closest thing to a living Hell on Earth".
Kal
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:47 AM

Kal LOL,
It could be a true hell on earth if I was forced to go during the 100+ degree days that are thankfully gone for now!!!

FIL had one knee replaced last fall he's doing so much better. Prior to that he did have some scraping and other oogy-type wording done to him. Didn't last and led to the need for replacement. Hope he has the other one done. Improved his life. Hope your outcome is good!
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:55 AM

Hey Kal, good to hear from you ! Sorry to learn about the knee, b-( I feel your pain though, as I have had a scoping myself after a skiing mishap in Vermont-did my share of ACL damage. Hope everything comes out OK !
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Kal

Thx, JD.
Fortunately, no ACL involved. Said all ligaments were stable.
Wish I could say the same about my mental health at times!

Kal
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 09:07 AM
OliveOyl

Good luck tomorrow Kal! Mrs Kal will be right there with TLC so enjoy it while it lasts and use it to the hilt!! My dh had a torn meniscus repair in Feb...they gave him crutches to leave the surgery center..he tried to use them for two steps, figured they were too much work, so put them under his arm (heck, he'd paid for them in the cost) and WALKED out. Hope yours will be no worse. Sweet dreams tomorrow.

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Kal

OO, Thx!
"TLC" Totally Lacking Concern? :-?

I call her Nurse Wratchet <sp> whenever I have an injury. Has the compassion of a rattler with a tooth ache!

She has gotten better since she almost died about 5yrs. ago due to a misdiagnosed sneaky torn appendix. A very close one.

We don't know what we'd do without each other....'cuz nobody elese would have us!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -