Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

I am debating on where to stay in Boston.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 1999, 08:51 AM
Kimberly

I have two hotels in Boston to decide on. The Buckminster and Howard Johnson Kenmore. I am trying to stay within walking distance to Fenway park. I don't know which on of these hotels would be the best to stay in. The prices the got from them are about the same. Hopefully someone has stayed in both of these hotels and can help me decide which on is nicer. Thanks.

Old Apr 14th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Jennifer

I live in Boston, so I've never stayed at either, but the Ho Jo is really convenient to Fenway Park -- probably no more than a block away. Not so sure about the neighborhood it's in, though. It's not the best, but I'm sure you'd be fine for a night to two.
Have fun!
Jennifer

Old Apr 14th, 1999, 02:16 PM
BM

Hi,
I live in Boston too and have to say that the Kenmore Square area is fine. It is home to Fenway Park and thousands of college students. The Buckminster and the HoJos are virtually across the street from eachother--HoJo is a more modern building than Buckminster. Fenway is just around the corner. Catch a bite to eat at Boston Beerworks (by gate A at Fenway) or take the subway from Kenmore into the Back Bay where there are tons of great restaraunts. Hope you have fun!

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 07:24 PM
Bert

Back Bay would also be a good place to stay. It's a 15 minute walk to Fenway and is in the heart of some of Boston's best restaraunts and nightlife. There are numerous hotels there including most of the upper-scale chains (Marriott, Sheraton etc..)

Old Apr 16th, 1999, 07:15 AM
Val

Either hotel is fine. They are less than a block away from each other and the roar from Fenway can be heard by both hotels.