Search

Hyatt Regency Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Lisa

Hyatt Regency Kauai

Please help me decide which room type is best value. I currently have a garden/lagoon view. I am thinking about upgrading to either a partial ocean view or a full ocean view. How much of the ocean can you see with a partial ocean view? How far away are these rooms from the ocean? Thanks for the help!

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 05:45 PM
norma

I was there a few years back and really enjoyed my garden view room. I actually prefer it to an ocean room at that resort. We were in a nice secluded room at the end of the hotel and enjoyed listening to the rain and seeing wild roosters walk around the back of the resort. In my case the room was far from the ocean. Just depends on how important the ocean sights are to you.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:26 PM
John

IMO I would save my money for other things..you won't see much of the ocean in either a partial, or a full ocean view. The hotel sits back away from the ocean. Not THAT far, but enough so I wouldn't pay extra.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 07:03 PM
freewoman

Have to agree with John that I can't imagine you could see too much of the ocean from the rooms. We did not stay there, but my daughter and her husband were married at Shipwreck Beach next to the Hyatt and we took many of her pictures on the Hyatt grounds. I must say that they have one of the prettiest and well-kept grounds of any hotel I have ever seen.

But it is pretty well planted and the bulk of the beautiful grounds are between the hotel and the ocean.

I, too, would save the extra money spent on room with view and save it for the things to do on the island.

By the way, we liked their restaurant so well, that we ate there twice.

Have a great time!!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Tracey

I stayed at the Hyatt in September for my honeymoon. We booked a mountain view room to save money, but were upgraded to a partial oceanview room. The room was beautiful! I remember it was on the 5th floor, on the left side of the property-I can't remember the room number though. We had a full veiw of the gardens and ocean. We sat on the balcony every night and enjoyed the sound of the ocean.
If you book a partial view-ask for a corner room-they are the best views. Also, mention you are on your honeymoon, and if they have a better room at check in, they will upgrade you. They also gave us a free bottle of wine or champagne.
Hoep this helps,
Tracey