Hyatt Maui or Embassy Suites ???

Jan 8th, 1998, 04:54 PM
Mark Houghtaling

Hyatt Maui or Embassy Suites ???

we're staying at the Hyatt Maui for 8 nights in July/August 98 for our honeymoon. Is it worth the money? $300/night for a deluxe oceanfront room which includes car for the week. I didn't want to cut corners for our honeymoon. Looks real nice in pictures but experiences means alot more. We almost chose the Embassy Suites.

Jan 8th, 1998, 07:42 PM
Mike & Maryann

Definitely go with the Hyatt-Maui, not the Embassy
Suites. We've stayed there and its an awesome
place and well worth the money. The grounds
are beautiful and its a very romantic place.
Perfect for a honeymoon. For your dining pleasure
try Swan Court and Spats at the hotel. They are
both really good. Swan Court has really nice
atmosphere overlooking the pond and Spats
is a European style atmosphere.

Have a wonderful honeymoon, and congrats!!!

Jan 15th, 1998, 11:58 AM
Patty

My husband and I just spent our honeymoon there (October) with the same room type. We truly enjoyed the serenity and beauty of the grounds. Swan Court is very romantic but we weren't impressed by the food - I guess we're somewhat spoiled here in NYC. As for Spats - again, nothing great. For casual food, try Cheeseburgers in Paradise (on Front St.) at sunset - you're right on the ocean and it's beautiful.
Remember to bring sunblock - we saw many couples frying their skin in the sun. Congrats and have a great time!

Jan 15th, 1998, 03:36 PM
Debbi

My husband & I stayed at the Hyatt Maui in April and toured Embassy Suites the year before. Embassy Suites may have a little bigger rooms (depending on your room category at the Hyatt). However, the grounds and location of the Hyatt are much nicer. The grounds are gorgeous with many pools, lounges, restaurants and easy beach access. Also, it has easy walking distance to other nice hotels and Whalers Village (shopping and eating). Swan Court at the Hyatt is fabulous and the staff at the tours/reservations desk and the pool are great. If you like luau's I would recommend the Old Lahaina Luau on Front Street (I've been 3 times) but they book up fast so call early. Also if you want to do another luau or can't get in to Old Lahaina then try the one that the Hyatt offers (guests get a discount). We tried it last time and we're pleased with it. I've been to Maui 4 times so if you have any other questions - let me know. Have fun!!

Jan 16th, 1998, 06:49 PM
ED

If you don't want to be disappointed avoid the Hyatt! The rooms are poorly maintained. The mirrors
in our room had a film on them that we could write
our initials in. The shower drain from the room
next to ours backed up into our shower. It took
them two days to figure out how to fix it. The beach
is very narrow due to past hurricane damage. Don't
judge a book by it's cover! I would recommend the new Sheraton up the beach. The beach there is very large. It's by Black Rock, a great snorkeling site.
It's also within walking distance to the same sites
as the Hyatt. As for a great romantic restaurant,try
the Waterfront Restaurant at Maalaea Harbor. You'll
pass it as you go from the airport to the west shore. Many Hollywood types enjoy a meal there
without being discovered. Prices are reasonable. If
you go ask if Kim will be serving. He's an outstanding waiter!

Search this Thread