Theatre Packages New York Broadway

Jan 4th, 1998, 08:04 PM
Wendell E. Cole

Theatre Packages New York Broadway

Dan,

My wife and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in May and she has always wanted to take in some Broadway shows including musicals. I would like to find a company in New York City that could give us some information on theatre packages. We have the air taken care of and we would like to stay four or five days, take in at least three plays or musicals and a good place to stay without paying and arm and a leg. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Jan 5th, 1998, 02:00 PM
Betsy Pearce

Don't know if this will help or not, but I found a company called Theater Direct International (TDI) on the web. They had info on play reviews, price range for tickets, and you could get tickets directly from them. Seemed to be good and on the up and up. Give it a look and you can just print out the reviews, or order tickets directly on-line.

Jan 5th, 1998, 11:35 PM
Wendell E. Cole

Want to visit New York City and take in at least 3 broadway shows and musicals. Would like some information on theatre packages if available and places to stay including prices. B&B also-- Have airfare covered - need land package and some good help. Thanks in advance WC

Jan 7th, 1998, 01:34 AM
Mike Legere

Hi, We honeymooned in New York last May and got tickets for RENT from ticketmaster website(www.ticketmaster.com).It has theatre maps prices, and availability. Also stayed at Best Western Woodward at Broadway& 55th $104/night. It was nothing fancy but we were hardly ever there so it didn't matter.We got that price through Quikbook 1 800 789-9887. Shop around. Hope this helps...

Jan 17th, 1998, 10:46 PM
Margate

If you are not familiar with TKTS, then have I got
some web sites for you to look at! While you cannot
get package deals or even advance tickets through
them, what you can get are 1/2 price day of the show
tickets and maybe be able to see twice as many shows
for your money. I have seen several musicals this
way. However, if you have your heart set on a
particular show, this is not the way to go as there
are no guarantees that tickets will be available for
your selection that day. Check out the following
for info: www.nyctourist.com/tkts_about.htm;
www.tdf.org/whatis/tickets.html;
newyork.sidewalk.com/link/11126;
newyork.sidewalk.com/link/11109
If you are fans of song & dance, don't forget to
check out Radio City Music Hall performances as
well. I hear their Easter show is fabulous. I've
seen their Christmas Spectacular, and it is just
that, spectacular!

Jan 18th, 1998, 12:30 AM
Donna

It will be much more economical if you obtain your own tickets and book your own hotel. The packages are convenient, but you pay a substantial amount extra for that. In addition to www.ticketmaster.com, you can also purchase tickets on line at www.playbill.com. Highly recommend "Chicago" - spectacular! I would not recommend relying on TKTS, as there may not be tickets available to the shows that appeal to you. Our favorite place to stay, moderately priced and very well located in Mid-town, is the Helmsley Middletown.

Search this Thread