Hyannis, MA

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 04:24 AM
admin

Hyannis, MA

Could anyone offer some insight into these 2 restaurants: The RooBar and Alberto's for a company dinner? Also, any feedback on the Ramada Regency in Hyannis? Thanks in advance...

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:24 AM
admin

TTT

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Gene

Both restaurants have excellent food and service. The RooBar environment is funky, eclectic and small. Alberto's is more Italian, and conservative.

Never heard anything bad about the Ramada.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:31 AM
MelissaL

Agree with Gene's assessments of both restaurants.
However, Albertos is by far more impressive.
Just an aside, I would watch your bill at the RooBar. I have a couple of friends who when they got their credit card statements, a few extra dollars were padded onto their bill. Very curious practice- two separate occasions. When the restaurant was notified by one of my friends, the manager was quite rude in correcting the bill.
Ramada Regency is located on the very commercial Rte 132, outside of downtown Hyannis. Seems like its decent enough.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Ron

ALberto's is nothing special.. nothing fancy in this small town of Hyannis.. Not much to see or do..except tourist season.. kind of a dump here.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:15 PM
charles

The RooBar has a nice atmosphere, but I don't find the food to be particularly good

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 08:20 AM
mark

Yep. I agree with the all assessments (except Rons. Autumn is the best season of the year on the Cape) Not that you asked but another great place near both is the Penguin Seagrill. Its in the same price range as Albertos. And it doesn't serve only seafood.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 03:42 PM
admin

Thanks everyone for your help. First, we have no choice but to stay in Hyannis and at the Ramada. The conference we are attending is there. I live in MA and have spent a great deal of time in Falmouth but Hyannis is unfamiliar with me. In general, I prefer the Cape offseason. The only problem is many things shut down for the fall/winter season. My boss will be going down to Hyannis next weekend and will eat at Alberto's and RooBar and make his decision on where to have the company dinner. I looked into the Penguin Sea Grille but they cannot accomodate us. As many other places could not! Again, thanks for your help.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Ron

Dont listen to Mark! ROo bar is a dive and Alberto's is musty.. and the food is of poor quality..most of Hyanus is.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:34 PM
tina

I agree - Hyannis is a dump and there are NOT any fine restaurants there. Do yourself a favor and drive out of town even 5 miles and you will find more choices. We like the Regatta in Cotuit and Aesop's Tables in Wellfleet.