Huntington or Laguna Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driving South with my wife in mid-March down to San Diego. Should we stop for two days in Laguna or Huntington Beach? Looking at the Inn at Laguna or the Huntington Hyatt. Which area is better for a young married couple interested in good restaurants, scenic beach, etc?
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:29 PM

Going to Anaheim second week in Feb. Was told that Laguna Beach has great Rest. and Huntington Beach is like Surfer City. Newport Beach might be nice too. Can let you know after I visit.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:37 PM

Laguna Beach, hands down! Laguna is beautiful. Tons of shops, artists galleries, restaurants. It is an artist colony more of a bohemian arty feel. Huntington is nice but more of a surfer suburban feel. The beach is not as scenic. Laguna is more romantic! Check out http://www.lagunabeachinfo.org/ The pictures say it all!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:57 PM

I would stay in Laguna -- so many more options in line with what you want. Check out the Surf and Sand hotel -- highly recommend it. Stayed there before I relocated to OC. Mary2Go above is accurate. Also, the hotels in HB are on the other side of PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) from the beaches whereas a place like the surf and sand is right on top the ocean -- sit on your balcanoy and look down at the waves breaking. And you hear the "crashing" surf all night - great sleep. LB has tons of restaurants too, plus great shops, art gallerys etc. Of course be sure to drive up PCH to HB one day (later in morning after the "marine layer" has burned off) and go out on the pier and watch the surfers etc. Then also head to Newport Beach and explore Balboa Island and their unique beach, and Fashion Island mall.

Based on what you say you want then its LB. Enjoy!
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:03 PM

Returned from Anaheim. Drove as far south as Dana Point. Definitely like Laguna, Newport areas. Huntington Beach was very flat area with industrial feel to it across the highway. Not real pretty in my opinion. Laguna and Dana Point areas had better areas to see. Don't miss the harbor at Dana Point if you like boats, also Balboa near Newport for harbor.
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:01 AM

Laguna, Laguna, Laguna Beach. Trust me, I used to live in the area. You can live in Huntington, but vacation in Laguna. The islands in Newport are fun too, check out Balboa.