HOWL AT THE MOON IN CHICAGO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK... MY FRIEND , DAUGHTER AND I ARE GOING TO CHICAGO IN JUNE, WE ALREADY FOUND OUT IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE FOR HOTEL AND FLIGHTS.. SO, NOW WE ARE TRYING TO FIND SOME COOL PLACES TO GO W/ OUT TOTALLY GOING BANKUPT lol.... HAS ANYONE EVER GONE TO A DUELING PIANO BAR IN CH. CALLED HOW L AT THE MOON.? OR .... HAVE ANY OTHER GREAT SUGGESTIONS? wE WILL BE THERE 5 DAY/ 4 NIGHTS..
AND A P.S. TO ANYONE GOING TO CH. THAT WEEK-END CHECK OUT THE FREE JAZZ-BLUES FESTIVAL...(THE 10TH-12TH)
THANK YOU~~`

ROSE H.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 10:34 PM

Your relationship is very nice. It's expected to attend your trip. Wish you a pleasant time.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 03:34 AM

Hey, RoseH - I'm heading to Chicago for my first time in a couple of days. Not planning to do much howling, we're going for a Cubs game. But if you're looking to avoid going bankrupt you might want to try Priceline or Hotwire for your hotel. I booked the Hyatt on East Wacker on Hotwire for a little over $70, it looks like a great location and the price seems good.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM

I have never been to Howl at the Moon in Chicago, but I think they are a chain of piano bars, because I've been to the one in Louisville, KY. So, as a uniquely Chicago experience, it might not be your first choice. However, my experience there was a very entertaining (if somewhat R-rated) evening. The musicians were pretty amazing because they played music from just about every genre possible....without a fake book. If you are are just looking for inexpensive entertainment, I would say go, but if you're looking for something that says "Chicago", then I would probably pick something else.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

thanks all... Betsy, that is kind of what I was wondering... on our last trip we went to a jazz club called Buddy guys, it was fantatic, and like you said "chicago" all the way. We were just trying to fnd something equally as good, but different. my Daughter is 22 so, it is a great age for her also. We got a fairly good deal, flight and hotel.. staying at the Palmer House.
Any tips you can give is appreciated! TY )
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM

Hi Rose! Howl at the Moon is a great time - ask the concierge or front desk staff at your hotel for a few complimentary pass! The Chicago location is a lot of fun.

For blues, definitely check out Kingston Mines in Lincoln Park - and bring your dancing shoes!