How to dress in June?

Search

How to dress in June?

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to dress in June?

My husband and I will be spending a couple days in Estes Park in mid-June and will visit Rocky Mtn. Nat'l. Park, then we will spend a few days each in Colorado Springs (seeing Pikes Peak?) and Denver. How should we be prepared to dress?
Old May 8th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Tess

Bring tank tops, shorts, jeans and sweatshirts--really. It could be 90 degrees or it could snow. Even if it is hot during the day it cools down nicely at night so that sweatshirt will feel good. Have fun!

Old May 8th, 2004, 07:39 AM

We have been to Estes Park/RMNP twice in June (2000 and 2003). You need to be prepared for anything. We have seen beautiful, clear sunny days with highs in the 70s, lows in 50s, and we have seen a few days later snow flurries with highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s. Bring clothes that you can layer- a short sleeve shirt, polartec pullover or sweatshirt, and a light jacket. Include shorts and long pants. It's a beautiful area. Enjoy!
Old May 8th, 2004, 02:39 PM

We went to Colorado in July and ended up carrying a backpack of lightweight jackets everywhere. The temperature could change about 10 degrees while we were inside a restaurant eating lunch. Also, the altitude changes will make a huge difference. We were warm in our shorts at the bottom of Pikes Peak and breaking out the jackets at the top.
Old May 8th, 2004, 02:49 PM

You need versatile clothes, that is for sure. Also, bear in mind that at the altitude of Estes Park, there is much less atmosphere to filter out the UV rays of the sun. If you are not careful you can literally cook your vacation the first day.

Sunscreen! And for those of you who think sun tans are health, I suggest you get an opinion from a dermatologist.

My cousin was a sun type. Today, she has undergone extensive radiation for basal cell carcinomas that were on the side of her face and invading the eye socket.

Surgical excision was contra indicated because of the location and depth of the cells. Facial muscles would have had to have been cut and that is not good. So bask in the sun if you wish, but be aware of the price to be paid down the road.