What to Wear in Aspen

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:37 AM
corrie

What to Wear in Aspen

We have plans to be in Aspen June 13-16 and I have absolutely no idea what to wear? How cold is it at night? Is it a dress-up place as far as evening activites go? please HELP!

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:48 AM
Carolyn

Yes, a light jacket or wrap is a good idea at night. The weather should be wonderful - 70's during the day, cooler at night.

Dress depends are your destination. Up-scale dinning requires more "dress-up", but for the most part everyone is "sporty-casual".

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:40 AM
Connie

Aspen is a very upscale town. It's the only place where I felt uncomfortable at the gas station!!

Old May 24th, 2002, 12:40 AM
xxx

Corrie - Aspen is a fairly relaxed place, so really anything you want to wear... During the day, most people wear shorts or jeans depending on the weather. Please bear in mind that 70 degrees will feel a bit warmer because the air is so thin. At night, really you can wear what you want. Many people will wear jeans or khakis, others will wear something a bit more formal, and it is not uncommon to see someone walking around in high-heels and velvet trousers if you are going out somewhere nice for dinner. Chic "western" always works in Aspen. You will need a light jacket for evening as it is in the mountains and gets chilly at night. Sorry Connie felt out of place at the gas station, can't imagine why...