Reload this Page >

How many people enjoy Vegas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Sexy

Just wondered, how many travelers enjoy Vegas as much as I do. I travel there at least once a year. My favorite town. I live in the Mid-west which I love cause I get those awesome air/hotel deals to Vegas all the time. 3hr flight but still love it. I'm not a compulsive gambler. I go for the shows, food & sights. Always a party in Vegas! ya-hoo!!

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Cindy

I'd rather make a trip to the dentist than to Vegas. Yuk - just not my scene. Had to go once on business and I couldn't believe it. I just wanted to get the hell out of there and into the mountains.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Old Fogie

It's kind of fun. I think that my interests have changed substantially over the years. I loved it in my early twenties. Now, in my forties, I'd rather "get into the mountains" also!
Still - can't beat those prices!
Enjoy!

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Utahtea

I can't count the number of times we've driven right by Vegas and didn't stop. We live in California and it's on the way to Zion & other National Parks in Utah. I would rather spend my time in visting the scenic wonders of the world.

Remember you asked.

Utahtea

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Lilly

I really enjoy Vegas. The fun atmosphere is exciting!! Fun place to visit.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 07:15 AM
x

I was just there for the first time...yuck!!! Had to fly there to drive somewhere else and my skin was crawling the entire time.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Carol

I think Vegas is a place everyone should see once, it is such a crack-up. Its like adult Disneyland, the epitome of artificial, overdone, tastelessness, but that is what makes it funny and fun. Another important reason for a visit, even if you are sort that enjoys nature, is as an education in what people from other countries think America is. They think our whole country is like Vegas; is it?

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 09:02 AM
2lasvegas

Man talk about one of the original "wild west" towns. We loved Vegas. There are over 900, yes 900 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places! We stayed at the historic Plaza Hotel which was built in 1879. I felt like I was stepping back in time. Even Doc Holliday had a saloon there called Holliday Saloon! He shot down a drunk on a rampage outside his saloon. He was there before Wyatt Earp came along and convinced him to move to Tombstone. This place is truly one of Americas original wild west towns. Nearby was the Santa Fe Trail and railroad. Like you we consider it one of our favorite towns! Its been a couple of years since we have been I didn't realize there were awesome air/hotel deals all the time. I didn't even know they had built an airport there! One of Americas best kept secrets, Las Vegas, New Mexico!!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 09:18 AM
xxx

New Mexico? Thanks for an excellent "off-the-beaten path" travel tip, 2lasvegas!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Ihadno

Really, if this is true about Las Vegas, NM, I would love to go there!!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 09:27 AM
xxx

Las Vegas, NM? Why am I only hearing of this for the first time now? Did the rest of you know about this?

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 09:31 AM
great!!

THANKS 2lasvegas!! I searched and he is right! This place sounds like the ultimate "cowboys" town. I am planning a trip now. Way to go Fodorites!!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 10:04 AM
aareject

Las Vegas New Mexico yeah right

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 11:05 AM
don

The answer to the title of your post- 5,432,617.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Billy

I don't care what anyone thinks but Las Vegas is my favorite destination spot. Safe, fun, 24hr town. Where else can you go and stay out late as you want and feel safe? Vegas is my kind of vacation.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Utahtea

to: aareject

http://www.lasvegasnewmexico.com/Las.Vegas.New.Mexico/

Utahtea

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Lenore

We love Las Vegas too. In fact, we were married there! In December, we will be making our 8th trip in 11 years to "Sin City". We live in South Florida, so it's not like Vegas is right around the corner for us. You can always find deals though, with flights and with hotels and even meals, so it's actually a cheap place to have loads of fun.

Just because we love Vegas doesn't mean we don't enjoy other types of vacations too. My top three vacations (in no particular order) would be Hawaii 2002, London and Stratford England 1994, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite NP 1999. We also have a great time during our cruises, but there are lots of people who can't stand them. I guess you could say that we always find fun in almost any kind of vacation.....after all it's not like work!

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Gambling man

Hey I say Vegas is my home away from home. I wish my flight wasn't as far, (3 1/2 hrs) or I'd go more often. I guess that could be a good thing too

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 08:25 AM
James

Since we're on the topic, there's a question I've always had. I've never been to Vegas, but I have travelled a fair amount, mostly to major cities. Just wondering why Vegas is so popular. I understand that it's fairly cheap, but then, so is North Dakota (hehe).

Anwyay, what exactly do people DO when they visit Vegas? I mean, do you just gamble and eat for four days? And everyone talks about "shows", but I just picture it to be all Wayne Newton, Sigfried & Roy and like, fancily-dress can-can dancers. What am I missing that makes a lot of people really LOVE Vegas? I'm not putting it down, but I've just never been.

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Lilly

Oh my god James, you definetly have to take a 4 day trip to Vegas. So much to do than gamble. Trust me, I'm not a big gambler, play the nickel/Quarter slots that's about it. You have wonderful shows. Not the Siegfred & Roy. Go to see Mystere, "O", EFX, The Blue Man Group, I can go on & on. You can also visit Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon. They are trying to make Vegas a family destination which I still don't agree with. They have rides, attractions, lots to do.. Shopping, Gondola ride, M&M factory, Wet & Wild water park...Clubs, wonderful restaurants... etc... Vegas is one of the most popular destinations in the world. Has the most beautifully designed hotels you'll ever see. Plus it's a reasonable priced vacation if your not a heavy gambler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -