how long in asheville?

Search

how long in asheville?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long in asheville?

hubby and i are vacationing in asheville and were wondering if two nights would be enough to see the town and the biltmore estate. we're coming from fredericksburg,va. (about 7 hr trip). is it worth taking another day there or how about going to boone or blowing rock for a night stay?
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 09:14 AM

I enjoy visiting Blowing Rock and Boone, but if I were in your place I would spend all three days in Asheville and save the other two for another visit. Asheville has much to offer and it takes me three days just to make a dent in all the restaurant choices. I will say neither town has an equivalent to Carl's but otherwise you can really eat well!
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 09:56 AM

I like Asheville but found one day to be plenty, although we did not see the Biltmore. Its not a very big city so we found one day to be more than enough, but that's just my opinion. The downtown area does have a cool vibe so I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

I love the Blowing Rock area and would spend a day there. We moved to Charlotte this past October and have already been to the Blowing Rock/Banner Elk area four times. We like to hike and take long walks but the mountain vistas are gorgeous and both towns are quaint and worth at least a few hours.

Tracy
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM

I think it depends on what you want to see in Asheville. Most people would agree the Biltmore Estate will take a day between the house, gardens, and winery. Throw in the urban trail, shopping, eating and side trips outside of Asheville and you could easily spend a week.

Mike Honeycutt
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 01:57 AM

One day for the Biltmore and visit the next day Chimney rock park.Paul