How hot is it?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:20 PM
hot

How hot is it?

So it's really hot where I am right now. How hot is it where you are. Please identify the location. Anybody somewhere cooler than 110?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Statia

West Indies with a high of 88. Not in the US, but not too terribly far either.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:34 PM
xxx

This was done already!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:37 PM
x

When? Today? This week? Last year? Geez loser all the questions posted here have been done before. If originality was the criterion then no questions would have posted for years.

So xxx how hot is it where you are. Must be pretty hot to have fried your brain so severly.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Paul

77 Sunny Breezy Degrees...

Here in Southfield Michigan

...the windows are open wide!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:42 PM
ann

today in St Louis , not too bad at 85.
yesterdat it was 98 and very humid.
Paul, we are heading up to Michigan next week, can't wait!!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Susan

101 degrees and climbing here in the San Francisco bay area. All the freeway signs (made famous in Steve Martin's "L.A. Story") are flashing messages that it is a "spare the air" day and we should carpool and avoid unnecessary driving. Expecting stage 2 power alert this afternoon. It's a good day to head over to Santa Cruz and put your toes in the frigid water, or take a bay cruise and catch some breeze.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Suzie

Here in Sacramento, CA it's currently 99 but it's expected to go up to as high as 114. Ugh how bad is that?

I'm freezing in my office though. Not looking forward to getting into my car.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Paul

I hope you have a wonderful trip up this way, Ann! I can't think of many places nicer right now, than the Great Lake Region of Michigan. July and August are great months for visiting.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:52 PM
johnny

It's so hot I saw a robin dipping his worm in Nestea.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Jane

Here in Scottsdale it's 102 and will most likely get to the predicted 108. Not as hot as some of you in California.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 01:14 PM
carrie

Hotter than a cowboy's pistol on the 4th of July

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 02:34 PM
xxx

Why are you asking such an old question? See previous postings on this type of question. This type of question can be easily answered by watching the evening news of reading a newspaper. This is a travel forum not a place to compare temps.

What does this have to do with travel? And don't give me that if I know how the temperature is somewhere it will help in planning travel. Weather can change overnight so it is of absolutely no use in a travel forum to know today's temperatures.

Is it possible for people to get ANY information without having to go to the internet?????

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Wendy

Seattle is 85F right now, hot, hot, hot for us!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Paul

Dear xxx,

Sometimes it's just fun to say hi to other travelers who might be searcing the boards at the same time. (i.e. See hellos from Ann and me.)
No harm intended.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:43 PM
x

new Orleans is hot as usual. Humid too. Long, long summer.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Kam

Palo Alto, CA, is just about 95-100 today at 4pm. And, we don't have airconditioning! It is a dry heat--no humidity like we experienced in Chicago last weekend, and we will still sleep under down comforter tonight when it will go down to 50 or so. But the hours from 2 pm to 6 pm are difficult for man and beast. Every time I threaten to install a/c, the weather turns just beautiful and I forget all about it. It happens about 3 times a summer. It reminds me of the days before a/c when we used to have strawberry shortcake or pancakes for dinner so Mom didn't have to cook! We'll just make the best of it.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Austin

Asheville-Hendersonville, NC : 81 degrees today according to the WHKP digital clock -- move over, Big Ben -- but I suspect that WHKP is cooking (har) the numbers again to fool the tourists. They've been known to say it's warmer than it really is in the winter, and cooler in the summer to keep a lid on the fact that WNC gets very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter -- tourists flee from temp extremes. Walking around outside today, which I had to do unfortunately, while on my way to do various quests and errands for the hotel I work at, it felt as though I were draped with a soggy blanket that had just come out of the dryer.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Betsy

Just a few miles down the road from Kam in the SF Bay Area. Temp reached 90° in the shade today in the back yard, a degree or two less than yesterday. Ocean breeze kicked in about 5:30 pm and it's now a delightful 78°. Should be back to normal in a few more days.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Utahtea

Today I was a wee bit cooler at 109 in the SF Bay area of California.

Utahtea

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO