How far is the walk to Black Rock & Lahaina?

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Kid

How far is the walk to Black Rock & Lahaina?

Hi
How long is the walk from Kaanapali Villas to Black Rock by Sheraton? How long would the drive be? How far of a walk from KV to Lahaina? What about the drive?

Thanks.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Nova

Kaanapali Villas to Black Rock is a short walk, 10 minutes tops. It is to close to even think about driving. The Royal Lahaina Hotel is between KV and Black Rock.

The walk from Kaanapali Villas to Lahaina is about 3 to 4 miles. The drive to Lahaina is also three to four miles. You don't want to walk it.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:40 PM
e

The walk is probably less than 200yds, right up the beach (5 mins). Nova is right, you wouldn't walk to Lahaina.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:54 PM
mary

There is a trolley that comes to the Kaanapali area that you can catch to go to Lahaina. There are a couple of different pickup and dropoff points. Check with your hotel's front desk. They will be able to give you some more information on pickup stops. It was nice to let someone else do the driving,sit back and relax.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 09:20 AM
pj

My wife and I stayed at the Villas 2 years ago and walked up to Black Rock on several occasions. Was an easy walk up the path or the beach but had to somewhat go through the hotel to get out to the beach there, but there's probably an easier way but we didn't find it.