Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How Far In Advance do I need to book Air and Hotel for Pro Bowl?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2006, 03:07 PM
iceeu2

....And, how much earlier do we need to get there to get in on all the festivities of the Pro Bowl?

I saw in 2006 where there is a big party on Thursday, Friday and Ohana Day on Saturday followed by the game on Sunday.

Will I have a difficult time with hotel reservations? I have tried the Ko'Olina and it shows no availability. Is that where the players, etal stay? If rooms open up there, how far in advance do you think it will be?

btw, the Pro Bowl is Sunday, Februay 11th exactly one week following the Super Bowl.

I hope hikerboy, melissahi, icuy, pakeporkchop, chepar, etal are checking this site.

i'2

Old May 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're coming for the Pro Bowl?? Yay!!

Yes, the whole week prior there are tons of activities. (OK, Maybe not the WHOLE week.) And for the most part, the players do stay out at Ko Olina to kinda get away from it all. The activities follow the same formula every year, pretty much, although I believe the Saturday Ohana Day was something new. Or was it the concert? I can't remember.
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM
iceeu2

What concert and when?

And, that darned bbq was supposed to tell you that we (me, the real icee, the real icee's son, and our ddil) would see you during that time frame.

Will you be having your Friday night party again?

Old May 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Well, we will **IF** the NFL decides to work with us again. I think even if the NFL doesn't come back as a partner we may have something.

BBQ too??? Now that's my kind of party! Chicken paws for everyone! (Sorry we don't have bears here.)
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM

Oh, for the concert.....
There was a concert Saturday night before the game.
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/public_sked

Now that I'm looking at it, the Ohana Day was new and the Concert has been done.
Old May 11th, 2006, 05:03 PM

Have you tried looking for rooms at the Ko Olina Beach Club, which is next door to the resort?

The Beach Club is more along the lines of vacation condos/timeshares and while the pricing is similar to that of the resort (just a tad bit less expensive), the units are condos, so I believe they are roomier.
Old May 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM

How did I get roped into this?

I'd love to be there for the Pro Bowl (Is that baseball?), but we're going to Maui for a week in February with all those other snotty Californians.

Oahu and those delicious chicken paws will have to wait for another time.

-Bill
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:05 AM
iceeu2

You know Billaaaaaaaay, it wouldn't hurt you to take one of those $100 bills you have to burn and jump on a flight to Oahu for a few hours. Now would it?

Nutritious??? I should have known that!

Old May 12th, 2006, 05:15 AM

I think the real icee needs to be the alpha male here and assert himself and demand that you go to Maui instead. Then we won't need to fly anywhere. You need to let that man get his way at least once!

What will your dates be? Would you pick us up at the airport if we did fly in for a few hours?

-Bill
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM

Pro bowl 2008

This is my first Pro Bowl and I'm going solo. As usual, friends back out. I would appreciate any insights on parties, bbqs, tickets, VIP events, etc.

Thank you,
Houtravelchick
(Houston, TX)
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...hu_Hawaii.html
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM

The NFL Pro Bowl returns to Aloha Stadium on Feb. 10th. Pregame Ceremonies at 11 am, with game to start at 1140 am.

Here goes. Football fans will have plenty to do during the week with most events, free to the public.

The Pro Bowl Kick-Off Rally begins at noon Feb. 6th at Bishop Square, downtown with players, cheerleaders, dignitaries and lots of entertainment.

Feb. 7th & 8th noon to 6 pm and Feb 9th from 10 am to 6 pm, the Pro Bowl Football Festival begins at Kapio'lani Park in Waikiki. This event will offer autographs, games, souvenirs and entertainment. On Friday, the NFL Military Challenge starts at 3 pm as teams from each branch of the armed services compete in football skills events.

On Feb 9th, start your morning off at the Pro Bowl 'Ohana Day Celebration at Aloha Stadium, 9 am to noon. Catch both the AFC and NFC teams in action and get a glimpse of the Pro Bowl Entertainment along wiht fan contest and other special features.

The Saturday festivities continue into the night with the Pro Bowl Block Party on Kalakaua Avenue beginning at 7 pm. Come out to the ultimate pregame party with non-stop entertainment on five stages. Kalakaua Avenue will be coned and block from Lewers Street to Kapahulu Avenue.

On game day, start the morning at the Aloha Zone Fan Party. This event takes place at 830 to 11 am at the Aloha Stadium Parking Lot 1 C & D. At 11 am, the Pregame Ceremonies begins. Game starts at 1140 am.
Take home a memento of the 2008 Pro Bowl! Official t-shirt and other memorabilia are available at: Army Air Force Exchange Services, Kaneohe Marine Base Hawaii, Navy Exchange, Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel, Sheraton Waikiki, Princess Kaiulani, Westin Resort Moana Surfrider, Pro Bowl Football Festival and the Aloha Stadium during game day. Reyn Spooner will continue to provide a 9 year tradition with the NFL limited issue 2008 Pro Bowl Aloha shirts for both the NFC and AFC teams. The limited issue Pro Bowl shirts with the trademark print "Lahaina Sailor" will be available at Reyn's O'ahu stores in Ala Moana Center, Kahala Mall and at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel.

Ticket prices for the game range from $35 to $165 and may be purchased at the Aloha Stadium Box Office by calling 1-877-7504400 or online at ticketmaster.com.

The following items will not be allowed into Aloha Stadium: food, beverages, cans, bottle, coolers, umbrellas, fireworks, air horns, noisemakers, weapons, illegal contraband, alcoholic beverages and video cameras.

Other events not listed above: Feb 8th, NFL Charities Celebrity Golf Classic at Waialae Country Club (home of the PGA Sony Hawaiian Open); Feb 9th, Pro Bowl Youth Football and Cheerleading Clinics at Kapiolani Park; and on Feb 10th, Official Pro Bowl Tailgate Party at Richardson Field located across Aloha Stadium.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM

Thanks, Dusty.

I have flight, rental car, hotel all reserved. I purchased a club seat for the Pro Bowl game.

My preference is lean more toward the jazz clubs and piano bars. Also, hang out at different hotel bars. I will go to some of the events to include the Saturday deal at the Royal Hawaiian.