how does a child check in with an e-ticket?

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how does a child check in with an e-ticket?

I made airline reservations for 3 adults and one child. I know the adults can check in through the e-ticket counters and use a credit card or some other ID to get our boarding passes straight from the computer terminals. How does it work for a child who has no formal ID or credit card yet? The reservations are on my credit card under my name, not her mom's....so I am not sure how to check her in. Thanks
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:30 AM

You'll have to do it at the counter...
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:13 AM

You can also check her in at most airlines websites anywhere from 30-24 hours prior to the flight time. You'll have to have the confirmation number. If you have a printer, you can then print up her boarding pass. No credit card required.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:21 AM

Angie,

If the reservations are on your credit card, when you purchased the ticket, you would have had to put in the names of all the passengers, including the child. Whey you go to the e-ticket kiosk and put in your credit card, ALL of the names of the tickets you purchased will show up, not just yours.

I don't see why you can't check in both of you that way.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:25 AM

If you bought the four tickets all together with the same credit card, once you slide your ID at the eticket machine, the four reservations you made under your name will show up, then you may select what boarding passes you want to print
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Ok, thanks for all of the help! Hopefully I can print her boarding pass with mine when I check in...but I will have the e-ticket conformation from Orbitz handy in case we need to go to the counter.
Thanks again everyone!
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:27 AM

I just traveled on American Airlines with my SigO, and as both e-tickets were purchased on my credit card, both boarding passes printed out at the self-service check-in kiosk. No muss, no fuss. You'll be fine.

Getting through security won't be an issue as long as the child has her boarding pass and an adult accompanying her.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:43 AM

Angie,

We traveled on United earlier this month with a Orbitz e-ticket for 3 adults and 2 children. If you're not checking luggage you have the option of checking in from your home computer no more than 24 hours prior to your flight with United, www.ual.com or when you arrive at the airport you may use the electronic check in. As others have posted once you insert the credit card that was used to purchase the tixs ALL of the names will pop up. You simply touch the screen by each name that is checking in, children and adults alike, and the computer prints out all your boarding passes including connections.

Hope that helps.