Search

Houston still hot in early Nov.???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 12:14 PM
MAP
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Houston still hot in early Nov.???

We are attending a wedding in Houston in early November. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect in the way of temperatures...will I need a light jacket for daytime or evening? What are temperatures typically in November? Thanks very much.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 01:19 PM
emd

It can vary, and I think it would help to check the weather close to the time you go. The first time I took my husband (who was a boyfriend at the time) to meet family in Houston, it was Thanksgiving. When we got out of Hobby airport, it was 87 and like 98% humidty and stifling. But sometimes there can be a nice cool spell that time of year, not cold but cool. You won't know til the time comes.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 02:44 AM

Late October and early November are usually excellent times to visit. Highs typically are in the high 70s with lows in the upper 50s-low 60s. I would bring a light jacket for evenings out.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:06 AM

I agree that October/November is usually the time of year that the weather is nicest in Houston. More than likely it will be cool and crisp with temps in the 40's or 50's at night and 60's or 70's during the day. But, as emd said, there is always the chance that it will be drastically different.

Since the temps can change on a dime there, I would suggest bringing a light jacket no matter what the weather forecast is. But, check the forecast to see if you might need to also bring shorts!
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:33 AM

What a tough question! Here in Texas we've had Halloweens where it was 20 degrees and Halloweens where it was 85 degrees. One of my children was born on Nov. 3rd. It was in the 90s when I went into the hospital...it had been hot the entire fall...while I was in the hospital, it finally cooled off!