Reload this Page >

Houston/Dallas/San Antonio

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 05:18 PM
gapper

We are traveling with our two boys ages 14 and 10 to Texas to see the Rangers and Astros. We would like to stay in each city for a few days. What itinerary can you suggest? Also, should we stay in Arlington or Dallas.

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay in Arlington. You'll be close to ballpark, waterpark, restaurants, etc. Why fight extra traffic? Several hotels have shuttle service to attractions too.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 05:52 AM

I agree with staying in Arlington...at least with younger boys like that. They would be more interested in Six Flags/Hurricane Harbor (assuming you are hear in the summertime). If it were just adults, I would probably suggest Dallas, as there are more entertaining things there. But Arlington is right between Fort Worth & Dallas, so you'd be able to hit attractions in either of those cities quite easily.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 02:33 PM
gapper

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on nice hotels to stay at in these cities. Which is the best hotel on the Riverwalk?

Old Dec 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM

Westin, Hyatt, Hilton all have nice hotels on Riverwalk.

Hilton in Arlington is nice too.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 04:10 PM

I've stayed in both the Hilton and Hyatt on the riverwalk many, many times. The hilton is nothing special - a 60's style hotel. I liked the Hyatt much better. The location was more central as well.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 07:48 PM

In San Antonio, I would recommend The Menger. It is across the street from the Alamo and across another street from the River Walk, and around the corner from the shopping mall. Much more ambiance than the more modern chain hotels.
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 07:52 AM

The Sheraton Gunter is a very nice hotel near the Riverwalk. It's right across the street from the Majestic Theatre. Nice downtown area, and you don't have to deal with the huge Riverwalk crowds all day and night.
The Westin Riverwalk is beautiful. I've also heard good things about the Hotel Valencia, but it's too modern for me.
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 08:21 AM

I would stay in Ft. Worth; visit the Amon Carter and maybe the Kimbell if there is anything special; have lunch at Bistro Louise on S. Hulen (even the children will appreciate the European ambience).
Plenty of Tex-Mex in SA.
M
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM

I would recommend the visitors center at NASA in Houston if you have time. We have taken our daughters 2x and really enjoyed it. We paid extra for the tram tour the first time and I found it just alright, but really enjoyed the visitors center. It is very interactive.