Search

Hotels Near USC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels Near USC

WE have to stay near USC at the California Science Center in Exposition Park on May 18 & 19. The radisson there doesn't get high marks so I would appreciate any advice on where to stay on that area and if the radisson is okay. We can't stay in any other part of Los Angeles because DD is in state science fair and she has to run back and forth during that time. Thanks for all of your help.

Itsv
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM

It has been a few years since my son was a student at USC, but while the Radisson isn't charming or deluxe, you will appreciate the convenience factor as parking can be difficult at USC, and walking from a parking lot a few blocks away is a pain, as the area is a bit rough.

It is full of USC students (at one point was used as a dorm, maybe it still is) and their parents. The Radisson will probably be your best bet.
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:06 PM

If you actually mean she has to "run" back and forth, then Radisson is the only choice. If you mean she can call you to drive her, then you can consider one of the downtown hotels. USC is only about 3 miles away.
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree - the Radisson is about it. It's the only place at all near USC I'd be willing to stay. If you have to physically be w/i walking distance of campus, stay at the Radisson.

But as rkkwan says, if you just have to be w/i a 10 minute drive, there would be other options.
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. At DD's age, she will not be running back and forth literally but needs to be close. Someone mentioned a Holiday Inn nearby but I haven't been able to find one, does anyone know which one? Also I see a Vagabond Inn, has anyone stayed there?

Thanks, itsv
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:40 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't know about a Holiday Inn nearby -- but you do not want the Vagabond Inn.

I have seen websites where the Holiday Inn across the street from the Staples Center is listed as a property for USC bound visitors. It is about 2.5/3 miles from USC but is not a bad drive -- but then there is the parking issue. If you're willing to be 3 - 5 miles from campus you have lots of other choices. Otherwise, take the Radisson.
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Radisson is owned by USC and they must have gotten tired of the complaints from parents because of late seem to be making improvements to the place. Students are housed there in a separate wing so security is generally excellent. There is really no other choice in the area, unfortunately so I would book something there while still available if I were you. The Holiday Inn on Figueroa is a couple of miles away and the city bus passes a block from the hotel every ten minutes, it's about a ten minute ride to USC or the Science Center.