hotels near madison ave.or ctrl pk

Old Oct 9th, 1998, 03:46 AM
mids

hotels near madison ave.or ctrl pk

Just got back from ny and am going back again, this time close to Xmas...I prefer not to stay near times square this time..would like to be more central to fifth ave..the stores. madison ave..rockefeller ctr., as opposed to TIMES SQUARE..any ideas on hotels in those areas please? Thank you.

Old Oct 10th, 1998, 09:36 PM
Brian Kilgore

Hotel Wales is on Madison, but quite far north, around 90th street. Small, European in feel, fairly low priced (approx $150, I think) and there's wonderful small shops for many blcoks south of it, down madison. Few minutes walk to metropolitan Museum and International Center for Photography.
BAK

Old Oct 10th, 1998, 09:37 PM
Brian Kilgore

Hotel Wales is on Madison, but quite far north, around 90th street. May be too far north for you. Small, European in feel, fairly low priced (approx $150, I think) and there's wonderful small shops for many blocks south of it, down Madison. Few minutes walk to Metropolitan Museum and International Center for Photography.
BAK

Old Oct 18th, 1998, 03:20 PM
steve

I prefer midtown hotels from which you can easily walk to theatres but not be in the crowded Times Square area. A few of my favorites are: The Roger Smith on Lexington, The Roosevelt on Madison, The Helmsley Middletown on 49th, and The Mansfield on 44th. If you want to be further uptown I agree that the Wales is a good choice as is the Franklin. If you really want to be near the park for pricey hotels you can go with the Plaza, Essex House, Sherry Netherland. For something less expensive in that area there's the Wyndham which is really old and not renovated- I don't really like it but I have friends who won't stay anywhere else.

Old Oct 21st, 1998, 10:37 PM
Jacqueline Hackel

If you are flush The Lowell-located just off Madison in the low 60's is fantastic for
creature comforts.If not, you might try Urban Ventures which offers very short term apt.rentals. Have fun!