Reload this Page >

Hotels near Broadway/Central Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:23 PM
Robin

Any suggestions for hotels close enough to walk to broadway shows, yet also close enough to walk to Central Park. We're looking for something in between.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:51 PM
Mandy

Mayflower Hotel Central Park West and 60th St.

Empire Hotel across from Lincoln Center

Lots of hotels in the theatre district and in the low 50s.
Central Park begins at 59th Street.

Check out the NYC websites.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:28 AM
Merilee

Check out the website for The Gorham Hotel on West 55th Street.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:35 AM
dellk

Try www.hotelwiz.com for good prices. They won't recommend anything bad.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:55 PM
Jane

We stayed at the Hilton NY which was right in the middle of everything. A little closer to the theatre district would be either of the Sheratons. They both looked nice.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 08:05 AM
claire

Has anyone stayed at the Mayflower (at CPW) lately? I last stayed there about 3 years ago. Large rooms. A bit "shabby genteel," but clean & safe & a terrific location for Lincoln Center, Central Park, Fifth Ave. etc. BUT, I've been told that recently, the place has gone way downhill. Dirty rooms, surly "service" and relatively high prices even on the internet discount sites (range @ $189 as lowest).

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Chris

My husband I stayed at the Mayflower in May, and our friends just last month. We love the place. Not shabby, not downhill--we were both upgraded to a LOVELY suite when we asked at check-in. Rooms are fine. The location can't be beat. We had no issues with service. I thought our room rate of $189 was a bargain for the location and park view. I always recommend the Mayflower to New York visitors looking for location and an "oasis" in the city.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 08:40 AM
claire

Thanks very much, Chris. Glad to hear the rumors weren't true about the Mayflower.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Kay

Consider the Warwick- 54th & 6th ave.---4 blocks from CentralPark, 4 blocks from Rockefeller Sq., oneblock over to 5th Ave.We walked to Times Sq.,
Room were quite comfortable, service great. Best of all-- one block north was Kleins Deli with every kind of food you could want..
Hope youhave a great time...

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 09:50 AM
barry

Love the Warwick...Make sure you do NOT get a corner room...First time there i booked thru Express Reservations and got a great rate..Check their site www.express-res.com or call 800-356-1123 and they will tell you best NYC deals of the week.