Hotels in Naples, FL

Search

Hotels in Naples, FL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Naples, FL

Looking for a good, reasonably priced hotel in Naples. Considering the Grand Inn or Vanderbilt Inn, has anyone stayed at either of these hotels
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 01:32 PM

I believe I stayed at the Vanderbilt Inn. Is it just up the road from the Ritz Carlton?
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

not sure - address is 11000 gulfshore drive
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 02:07 PM

OK, I looked it up and no, I did not stay there. I walked down to its bar though and had a drink on its outside patio. I thought it was a really great place. Have you checked out its web site:

http://www.naplesbest.net/hotelvanderbilt.htm

It had a great grounds, wonderful beach area, if I were to pick a place in Naples I'd like to stay, this would be it. It is not luxury to the hilt, it is more a very nice, very warm and comfortable place, that looks very very well-kept like it has a loyal clientelle who come back for the quality, service, and value.

I stayed at a newer place, too many stories, nothing to write home about. And then I stayed at the Hilton another time and it was really ragged. This is a great place.

I don't know anything about the Grand Inn.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

o.k. - thanks for your help. I'll try the web site for more info
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 04:19 PM

I stayed at the Vanderbilt Inn last year. Overall, we had a great time. The beach was great with soft,white sand and gorgeous water. We were there in April, so the water temperature was ideal. When are you going? In summer monthes I find the water too warm and not refreshing at all on the gulf.The room itself was a little shabby but we had gotten a really good internet special so it was o.k.The casual restaurant on the beach was fun with music each evening and people gather to watch the sunset. You do need a car here because most restaurants and shops are at a distance. There was a casual restaurant not too far down the street called Buzzy's Lighthouse, which was pretty good.Are you referring to the Grandview, or just the Grand?
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 05:52 AM

The Grand Inn is a former Ramada Inn located near a very busy intersection in N.Naples. (Pine Ridge Rd & U.S. 41) It is not on the beach like the Vanderbilt Inn is, but, is within walking distance to Waterside Shops which has upscale retail and several restaurants. The Grand Inn never seems to have anyone staying at it.....I wouldn't choose this hotel over a beach-side hotel like the Vanderbilt Inn.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 07:46 AM

Haven't stayed at the Vanderbilt Inn, but have been to it's restaurant, The Chickee Hut. All of the hotel rooms pretty much center around this bar/restaurant, which is adjacent to the pool.

The food at the restaurant was cheap, cheap, cheap - especially for being able to dine outside and watch the sunset over the Gulf. That said - there was nothing at all 'special' about the burgers and fries that come in the plastic baskets.

The two times I was at the restaurant, there were plenty of patrons at the busy bar. It was a very loose and somewhat loud environment. -Yet I did see some kids and families too.

The 2-story motel itself, to me, looked like it was possibly a former Holiday Inn from about the 50's.

While certainly nothing special, it was on the beach - which for the rates they charge, is rare.