Search

hotels in Maui

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotels in Maui

We're spending 6-7 days in Maui. We'd love to split it up between Wailea and another spot more north. Maybe one of the times staying somewhere more high end (example: Grand Wailea) and the other just mid range hotel. any hotel suggestions?
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM

If it doesn't matter whether you get one bed or two, you might consider trying Priceline for a Kaanapali property. The Hyatt or Westin or Sheraton would all be nice. A friend of mine got the Hyatt for $150. per night. Or continue to check all of the Kaanapali properties for a good deal.

I definitely recommend the Grand Wailea. Loved it!

You could also do something totally different and stay in the Inn at Mama's Fish House or somewhere in Hana... I'm not sure the beachside resort experience in Kaanapali and the beachside resort experience in Wailea would be different enough for me to want to bother with changing locations. Just staying put is fun too!
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 10:24 PM

We booked a huge 1-bedroom condo in Kaanapali on something like the 4th green of a golf course (can you tell I don't golf?) and were totally happy with the price and the location and the quality. Outrigger El Dorado. Check it.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 01:58 PM

The Sheraton Maui would be my pick again. We stayed there for 7 days in July. It was immaculate. They have an awesome pool, beach & snorkeling right at the Black Rock. The service was excellent. All staff were very friendly & willing to please. The breakfast buffet was wonderful.There are buses available to go to Lahaina(to avoid the crazy parking situation).It is in walking distance to the Whalers village by the beach path-easy access to the shops & a great restaurant:The Hula Grill-live music & good food.We would definitely do it again. The concierge was excellent with knowing good deals for activities & restaurants. It was great.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 10:20 PM

We loved our Maui anniversary trip. Spent 5 nights at the Maui Prince hotel just south of Wailea, and 2 nights at the incredibly romantic searanch cottage at the Hotel Hana Maui. We picked the Maui Prince because it is on a good beach for snorkeling, and the beach isn't crowded. You will need a car...rent a convertible!

The Wailea area is very up-scale, lovely, and more peaceful than the Kaanapali area. The Kaanapali area is overbuilt and crowded, in our opinion.

Aloha.