Search

Wildflower passed?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wildflower passed?

Mama, I just read your message on another thread. Is this Wildflower that recently moved to Asheville?
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 01:17 PM

ttt

Mama, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM

Starrsville or Mama,

Could you fill me in about Wildflower? We had lots of off forum discussions of places we loved to visit and our cats. Just today I was was going to contact her and then I saw Starrsville message.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

I don't know. I read mama's post in the Does Your Family/Friends Think It's Weird thread and posted my question at that time.

I hope its okay to cut and paste -
>> Author: Mama
Date: 07/27/2005, 08:55 am
I never met anyone in person from this board but met a wonderful person, Wildflower, when planning my first trip to Alaska. We exchanged many e-mails and her photo album help me decide to go on a bear watching trip.
Unfortunatley, I got e-mail from her husband just a few days ago that she passed away. She loved traveling around the world but Alaska and Seychelles were her two beloved places. I promised to send her a detailed trip report of our great trip to Alaska but never got to it. Now it's too late <<

I "talked" to Wildflower quite a bit as she was trying to plan her move down to Asheville with her cat. I'm guessing it's the same Wildflower. I am so sorry.

Maybe mama will post a reply. Hopefully, she can forward our condolences to Wildflower's husband and family.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 04:37 PM

Yes, that is the same Wildflower, and I am so sad to hear the news of her passing. She and her husband truely loved to travel, and always had several trips on the board. With her help, we had an outstanding visit in Alaska with friends of theirs and discovered some beautiful "off the beaten path" places.

I believe it was just about a year ago that they moved to Asheville, and she seemed so happy in her new environment.

I'll truely miss her comments on the forum. I plan to contact her husband, Steve, and will pass along any condolences.

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 04:39 AM

I don't know any details except she was killed by a drunk stupid driver. It was just three days before her trip to Alaska. She always liked to talk with those traveling to Alaska and Seychelles and all she asked was a short trip report. I never sent her any details of our trip to Alaska and you can only imagine how I feel about it now.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 08:13 AM

How horrible to hear about this. I'll have her family in my thoughts.

There is a post from her and someone else about birdwatching in the midwest. Camping out in a blind overnight to see (herons?) migrate. Even though I have no desire to camp, she made the trip sound like a good idea.

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 08:34 AM

Tragic. A sad reminder how drinking and driving can devastate the lives of all involved.

My thoughts are prayers are with her family.

Just so sad.

Please, Don't drink and drive - use a designated driver.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 09:06 AM

I am so sad to hear this news. I remember here posts about alaska fondly and used some of her info to help plan my trip.

Just reminds us all to appreciate the time we have. My heartfelt condolences go out to all her friends and family.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 09:24 AM

I never had much contact with Wildflower as I haven't traveled yet to Alaska. However, it is always so sad to lose a fellow Fodorite. Drinking and driving never leads to anything good. What a waste. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.