Hotels.com - confirmation #'s ???

Old Nov 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels.com - confirmation #'s ???

I was wondering, since I have never used an online hotel booking service..

When you book a room with hotels.com - they give you a hotels.com booking number. Do you ever get a hotel confirmation #?

Thank,
Debi
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
P_M

Good question Debi. I have used booking services and never had a problem. Nevertheless, being the silly paranoid fool that I am, I always call the hotel and confirm the reservation, just to cover my tail.
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Hi P_M...not silly or paranoid, IMO....don't you remember the recent thread where someone w/an Expedia or some other service got to the hotel to find out that there was no reservation, in spite of holding a confirmation?

I did use hotels.com twice and we had a conf # from them, not the hotel. In the first one things went great. In the second we also had no problem except for getting a *really* bad room that I always attributed to our room rate being only half the going rate at the hotel. After that, I never used them again b/c I prefer to have leverage with the hotel (or airline as well, for that matter) by having booked directly thru their sites.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 07:25 AM

Looking at a 12/06 booking I made with hotels.com, they didn't give me a hotel confirmation number. But they do give you a 800 number (and in my case, a toll-free number to call in Europe) if there's any problem. We didn't have any problem for that stay.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 07:32 AM

Ditto P_M.

I booked a hotel trough Priceline once and although always call to confirm, I procrastinated to the last minute.

The hotel had no reservation for me. I called Priceline and they returned the call with a gauranteed reservation.

Always get a confirmation and call the hotel.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Debi, no, hotels.com (or any website) have their own confirmation numbers. Using this number you may be able to get the hotel's confirmation number from them.

The best thing to do is to call the hotel directly, give them your name, and if they say they don't have your reservation (don't panic! not yet ) call hotels.com and resolve it with them.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

I just got an email from the hotel with confirmation # and details - all checks out with my hotel.com reservation! One less thing to worry about..
Deb